Photo view – layout isotope

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Photo view – layout isotope

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    staglabel
    Participant

hello,

I saw that the “photo view” was displayed with the isotope system. When all events are an image and a desciption of the same size events appear well and seeing the events do follow. But when several event is a slightly different image size with a description longer can, reading level event dates is not obvious (I understand the system as it put the events where there has room).

By visiting the isotope site, I saw that we could change the display type (http://isotope.metafizzy.co/layout-modes.html). By default it uses the “masonry” model that fills in the blanks. I wish in my case use the “fitRows” so that the reading of dates can be better perceived by my user. To this we must add a condition at the ” $container.isotope ” and add ” layoutMode: ‘fitRows’ ” so it makes it : $container.isotope({ layoutMode: ‘fitRows’ })

I’d like to make this change and use the presentation isotope “fitRows”

Can you tell me where exactly to make that change?

I hope this is clear enough and you know what I mean?

Thank you in advance for your help,
    Florian

Josh
    Participant

Hello staglabel,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Unfortunately there isn’t a straightforward way to modify that setting for isotope within our plugin and like you said, this will need to be done by modifying the code directly. The file that you will need to edit will be in the Pro plugin at “resources” -> “tribe-events-photo-view.js”.

If you would like, you could create this as a new feature request on UserVoice and our developers will look at the possibility of making these types of customizations within the plugin settings.

Let me know if you have any further questions that I can help you with.

Thanks!

staglabel
    Participant

Thanks for your answer, I have tried but it’s not working because I don’t know exacly where to put it in the code. Can you say me where to put it in the code to make it works?

Thanks in advance,
    Florian

Josh
    Participant

Hello staglabel,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

If you’ve made the change to the file but are struggling to see it live, it is most likely due to the fact that the minified version of that file is what’s being enqueued within the plugin.

A better approach for managing this would be to dequeue the original minified script within your theme and then copy the js file that you’ve modified into your theme and then enqueueing the file from there.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Photo view – layout isotope’ is closed to new replies.