Possibilities, extending functionality

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Possibilities, extending functionality

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sten

Hi,

My client uses a piece of proprietery software, but it has an API and we have the programmer that created it on hand. The software they use is for internal planning of coming events and contains lots of data that we want to automatically populate their website with; musicians, who supported that event, where and when.

So all the event data already exist in their internal planning software (years are planned ahead). What we’re looking for, is a way to use the existing data to populate the events calendar with, so our client doesnt have to keep track of two sets of data.

Does the API provided in Events Calendar Pro give us the needed extendability? I read that the API let us add, delete or query – I guess thats a yes then?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Sten,

That is going to  be awesome! Our plugin does have a nice API for add/update/delete. If you are simply needing it to import data (add) then checkout our CSV  importer for a great example of how to import events from other sources.

Furthermore, our plugin actually uses WP Posts & taxonomies to store all of the data. So in addition to our APIs that make it easier to do things like select events by date range, you will have the numerous WP APIs for at your disposal as well. It is all very extensible and quite powerful. I have seen users do some pretty impressive things with these tools.

– Brook

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Possibilities, extending functionality’ is closed to new replies.