Pre-sales Community Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pre-sales Community Events

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Bliss
    Participant

Hi all,
    So I have to say that Im still happy with my ECP, and Wootickets. Now Im looking at adding Community Events to another site I run so that my members can add their own events.

Essentially the event poster (my site user), would create an event that links to their own site. I don’t want to get into selling tickets or anything. Its just a service I would like to add.

What Im not clear on is how to allow the users on my site to have access to the calendar, and add events. I have looked at Rob’s videos, but I guess Im missing something.

Im using the ait-themes “Directory Portal” Theme if that makes a difference. It allows for user admin of listings without access to admin. They use something called easy admin.

Also is all I need is the Community Events Plugin to do what Im trying to do?

Thanks Tribe!

Tom

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

I believe Community Events is exactly what you are looking for. It allows site users to post their own events, including links to their website, and you can choose to moderate that or not. I have no reason to believe your theme would have any impact on that function. You can see a sample of the submission page here http://demo.tri.be/events/community/add

Is there anything else I can help you with?

— Julie

Lacey

Hi Tom,
    I too am looking at implementing Event Calendar Pro and Community Events on an AIT Directory themed site. I would love to keep in touch on the topic.

Rick
    Participant

This reply is private.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Rick,

I’m glad the plugins are working well for you. Our pricing tiers don’t allow for the middle ground that you are looking for, but one solution would be to simply buy two Business licenses. Wouldn’t even cost as much as a Developer license and should cover all the sites you’ve mentioned.

Do you think that would work for you?

— Julie

Rick
    Participant

This reply is private.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Rick,

You should be able to do that right from the product page in the same way that you purchased the first license. I should let you know that if you do ever decide to upgrade to a full Developer license, you won’t be able to combine them. But that shouldn’t cause a problem as you could just drop the other Business license and roll those sites over to the Developer license.

— Julie

Dawn Fulton

What is the most cost-effective way to purchase Events Calendar PRO and Community Events? Is there a discount if you order both of them at the same time? I would just be doing this now for a “Personal” site. We are actually a non-profit club but don’t have our 501c paperwork in order just yet. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hello Dawn,

To purchase our plugins, just go to the products page (https://theeventscalendar.com/products/) and place your order there. We do not offer discounts for ordering more than one plugin. However, since you are a non-profit I may have something of interest for you. We do have a program where non-profits can get the plugins for free if they qualify. You can find the details at https://theeventscalendar.com/non-profits/. If your interested in that, just send an email as indicated and they can set you up.

Anything else I can help with?

— Julie

jackfd53
    Participant

hi…I have a single license…can I upgrade to the 3 for the difference…$65 and if so how.?
    thanks…jack

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Jack. There is an option to upgrade an existing license from your License Key page: https://tri.be/my-account/license-keys/ Just make sure you’re logged in and it should be self-explanatory.

…and with that, I’m going to close this thread. Please start a new one if you have another question to ask. Thanks!

Yaroslav
    Participant

Hi Everyone!
    I’m also interested in integration Community Events with AIT Directory theme that mentioned in this thread. Is there any solutuion? Is it possible to have single login both for listing and Community Events?
    Thank you in advance!

Casey
    Participant

Yaroslav,
    Thanks for getting in touch! The Community Events add-on just uses a standard WordPress user account. I can’t speak to the AIT Directory theme, as I’m not very familiar with that theme, but you might consider reaching out to the developer to get their input.

Hope that helps! Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre-sales Community Events’ is closed to new replies.