presale question: about how to set Pin on Map

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions presale question: about how to set Pin on Map

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian Meyer

really tinking of buying your ProVersion, but need help with one doubt.
    How do I set location of events on Map..?
    1) can I insert Coordinates of location by inserting GPS Coordinates: Latitude y longitude?
    2) can I drag a pin on a Map to set location, how it is normally used in WordPress Directory themes.. ?
    or hope not 3) typing in adress and let google decide where it is, because this works more or less in most countries ok, but not in all.
    please let me know and you will have another customer for sure..

last question .
    Can I have a Map with all Event Pins on Map..?

Thanks for your time.. SebM
    and good luck with this stunning Plugin

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the interested in the Events Calendar Pro.

See my answers below each of your questions.

How do I set location of events on Map..?
    1) can I insert Coordinates of location by inserting GPS Coordinates: Latitude y longitude?

The map pins are created by the address of the venue and do not have a field for Coordinates.

2) can I drag a pin on a Map to set location, how it is normally used in WordPress Directory themes.. ?

I am afraid not.

or hope not 3) typing in adress and let google decide where it is, because this works more or less in most countries ok, but not in all.

The address is typed in and Google places the pin.

Can I have a Map with all Event Pins on Map..?

The plugin includes a map view that looks like this:
    http://wpshindig.com/events/map/

Does that answer your questions?

Thanks

Sebastian Meyer

Hi Brian,
    yes thanks for your quick reply.
    unfortunately if you punch in an adress in a country anywhere in Central or South America or Asia.. the chance that Google will create the correct adress goes close to ZERO..
    I urge you guys,, to implement the feature to set Location by punching in Latitude and longitude as coordinates, or drag and dropp a pin as all the Directory Themes on TF are doing..
    beacuse with the wrong location displayed on Google map.. the Map has no sense at all..
    so unfortunately for me.. there is no reason to purchase your plugin. but will for sure if the feature is implemented..
    but for sure will by the other search option plugin..
    You have such a stunning PROVERSION,. please please considder my idea.
    thanks a have a stunning day..
    Sebastian Meyer
    here si a link to my directory in honduras
    http://www.hondulandia.com/eventos/

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok so we do have a plugin that enables you to go into the venue and change the coordinates of the address.

It is called Event Rocket and it is built by us as an experiment.

Event Rocket

I just learned about it or I would have told you sooner, but I was able to make an event pin appear in Antarctica using it.

So you should be able to use it to fix the locations on your maps too.

You can add the coordinates without Pro to for a venue, but you will need Pro for the map view.

Thanks

Sebastian Meyer

Hi Brian thansk for the Tip,
    I installed the plugin you mentioned and activated. Also activated Event to be displayed on Google Map, but it does not show anywhere in the event the possiblity to add coordinates, which acording to screenshot should be editable above settings of featured image…
    I think you guys just should include this funcionalaity in PRO with the Map.. which i think would be the most logical feature.
    But you guys are the Pros….
    thanks again . hope will get this up and running..
    SEB M

Brian
    Keymaster

To edit the coordinates you have to do it from the Venue Single Post Editor.

Go to Events->Venues then edit a venue and you will see the coordinates.

We are looking to integrates coordinates more for the map, but I do not have a timeline yet for that to be included.

Thanks!

Sebastian Meyer

Hi Brian, thanks, perfrcto.. I was looking at the wrong place.. now it works perfect.. thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Great glad it works, going to close this ticket if you have any other pre sale questions please create a new ticket.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘presale question: about how to set Pin on Map’ is closed to new replies.