PRO account functions not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO PRO account functions not working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    joe farwell
    Participant

Hi,

My client’s PRO account is not working properly. The “recurring events” functionality isn’t working at all. Not sure why this is happening. We currently have the most recent plugin installed but the PRO features aren’t showing up.

Casey D

Hello larafarwell,

Congrats on upgrading! Once we get this sorted out I’m sure you’ll love it. 😀

Sorry you’re experiencing this right from the start! A few things could be at play here.

First, it might be helpful to check out our primers. They’re quick videos that will bring you up to speed quickly. Especially this recurring events video; it might have the answers you’re looking for.

Other than that, could I get some more details? It will help if I can reproduce the problem from this end.

Are you able to enter the information ok? If you are, does it just not show up? Here is a screenshot on my machine of a single event recurring 5 times

2014-04-22 at 11.34 AM

2014-04-22 at 11.33 AM

It would help to get some more info too. Could I get the answer to these questions?

• What theme are you using?
    • Could I could a list of installed/activated plugins?
    • Are you using latest versions, The Events Calendar 3.5.1 and The Events Calendar Pro 3.5.2?

Does this make sense? I’m sure we can get you up and running soon!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

joe farwell
    Participant

Casey –

We have had this upgraded account before. The issue is none of the PRO features like the “recurring events” options are showing up.

To answer your questions:

The theme is Twenty Thirteen

Activated Plugins:
    Akismet
    bbPress
    Contact Form 7
    Google Analyticator
    Instagram image gallery
    NextGEN Gallery by Photocrati
    Responsive WordPress Slider – Soliloquy Lite
    SEO Ultimate
    Symple Shortcodes
    The Events Calendar
    The Events Calendar: Facebook Events
    WordPress Importer
    WP Google Fonts
    WP Maintenance Mode

Installed but NOT activated Plugins:
    Jetpack by WordPress.com
    Social Gallery Lite
    WordPress SEO

We have The Events Calendar 3.5.1 Installed
    We have The Events Calendar: Facebook Events 3.5 Installed

We have paid for Events Calendar PRO but it is not showing up in the Plugins area… Please help!

joe farwell
    Participant

So I just downloaded Events Calendar PRO Version 3.5.2 and tried to install it but it says plugin install failed but Destination folder already exists. Should I delete Version 3.5.1? If I do delete 3.5.1 will I lose all of my info?

Casey D

Hi larafarwell,

I think there is some confusion and I think we can get you on your feet pretty quickly.

After purchasing a Pro license you have to install the Pro plugin that you will find at tri.be/downloads.

You should have these three plugins installed and activated

The Events Calendar 3.5.1 <- The free core version found at http://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/
    The Events Calendar Pro 3.5.2 <- The paid upgrade addon you bought available at https://theeventscalendar.com/downloads/
    The Events Calendar: Facebook Events 3.5 <- The paid addon you bought available at https://theeventscalendar.com/downloads/

Once The Events Calendar Pro (along with the free version) is installed and activated, features like recurring events will be showing up.

Our primer is a great place to get info on installation and getting started.

You can delete the plugin without worry about deleting data. Our plugin does not delete data when deactivated or uninstalled.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

joe farwell
    Participant

Here is what happens when I try to get the event calendar pro uploaded…

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

joe farwell
    Participant

the events calendar 3.5.1 is up and working and Facebook events 3.5 is up, but the pro is no where to be found and I can’t upload it from the download without that error messaged

Casey D

Hello larafarwell,

Sorry you’re getting that error! PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT is a pretty standard error people get, and it is usually related to the server configuration. See https://www.google.com/search?q=PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT

How do you upload files to your site? If might be better in this case to unzip Pro first on your local machine, and then upload the whole folder, instead of unzipping on the server. Your server may be running out of space or possibly have some other configuration problem or corruption.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello larafarwell,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘PRO account functions not working’ is closed to new replies.