Pro breaks the Events Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Pro breaks the Events Calendar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    fabmedia
    Participant

I have JUST purchased the EC Pro and installed it, so far, there is no option to have a sidebar (ugh), and second which is more important, gives me a 404 when I try to bring up the list of events or the calendar. If I deactivate the plugin, EC works fine.

Adam
    Participant

maybe a dumb question, but have you tried refreshing permalinks? Any time I install a new plugin and get 404s when I don’t expect them, that’s the first thing I try.

fabmedia
    Participant

I just find it strange that the whole thing broke after the installation.

Casey D

Hello fabmedia!

Thanks for upgrading! Sorry you are experiencing frustrations right from the start! :/

Aphidesign is probably correct. Like other plugins and themes that manipulate the permalinks, you will probably have to do a “Manual Permalink Flush” by resaving your permalink settings. In fact I just found out about this myself last week!

Also, you might be happy to learn that you can have a sidebar! In the Event Settings page, under the Display tab, you will find a “Events Template” setting. If you switch the template from “Default Events Template” to “Default Page Template”, it will use the theme’s page template instead of the included Events template.

/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=display

For me, using a vanilla install with TEC and TEC Pro with the Twenty Twelve theme, I was able to get a side bar to appear right away. Results may differ depending on your theme, I believe, but you should be able to get a sidebar to appear.

Does this make sense? Let me know if you have more questions or this doesn’t work for you!

Thanks again for upgrading!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

fabmedia
    Participant

I have managed to get the plugin to work, I uninstlled everything, and reinstalled. It seems that EC and EC Pro need to be installed first, activated, then all the other plugins were activated with no issues.

I’m still having issues with the sidebar not showing up. There are no templates with the sidebar, as the theme has settings that have the sidebar on/off in the theme options. The EC plugin doesn’t seem to want to recognize this unfortunately. Is there a way to create a page template that would allow this or a hot code fix that I can do to the plugin that would allow it to conform to the themes use of the sidebar on the fly?

Thank you very much for everyone’s response.

Cheers!
    Arlen

Casey D

There very well could be, but these things can get complicated quickly. I’ll see what I can do!

What is the name of your theme, and do you have a public link I can see?

Thanks!

– Casey Driscoll

fabmedia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

Hi fabmedia,

From what I can tell you are using the Cake theme: http://themeforest.net/item/cake-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/6913568

If the instructions above don’t work, by using the default page template, there is probably a theme integration issue.

It seems like your theme uses a non standard implementation if it has a theme options setting and no templates. Our plugin is dependent on the standard practice of the dynamic_sidebar http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/dynamic_sidebar

If you reach out to your theme’s developer, you may be able to get more information or pointers for implementing what you want. We collaborate with many 3rd party developers to ensure on standards and usability, if they have any questions or if they are available.

Also, our Themer’s Guide might be helpful for creating template overrides to put a sidebar into the default events template. Unfortunately that level of customization goes beyond the scope of the forums.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can help explain anything.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello fabmedia,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Pro breaks the Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.