Problems translating the field "Other" in Event details

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problems translating the field "Other" in Event details

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Iago Bascoy
    Participant

Hi there!

I’m having some troubles trying to rename the field Other in event details.
    I tried with Loco Translator, and i was successful with all the fields except that one. I changed it in the spanish.po and in the tribe-events-calendar-pro.pot, but it didnt work.
    This is the url: http://imasgal2.simce.com/curso/prueba-01/
    Could you help me?

Thanks!

Geoff

Hi there Consuelo! Welcome to the forums. We hope you’re enjoying the plugins so far. šŸ™‚

Good question. Try adding this snippet to your theme’sĀ functions.php file. Ā You will want to chance the “Something Else” text to your translation.

Does this helps answer your question? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Iago Bascoy
    Participant

Thanks for the snippet Geoff. I pasted it in the functions.php file and it solved my problem. But now, my site in English (it was in Spanish previously). If i delete the code you gave me, the site recovers its spanish version.
    I have Spanish as language in Settings, but it doesnt work. The site’s dashboard and the plugin keep being showed in english.

Geoff

Shoot, sorry about that–I really thought that would solve the issue.

The other alternative is to modify the plugin template file itself. In this case:

• <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>Make a copy ofĀ additional-fields.php (located in /plugins/events-calendar-pro/views/pro/modules/meta)</span>
    • Create a new folder in your theme directory calledĀ tribe-events
    • Create a folder within that calledĀ modules
    • Create a folder within that calledĀ meta
    • Drop your copiedĀ additional-fields.php file in theĀ tribe-events/modules/meta folder

You can find more information on these steps in our Themer’s Guide.

With theĀ additional-fields.php file in your theme files, you can customize it to suit your needs. You will see “Other” in there, which you can change to anything else you like.

I hope this helps!

Geoff

Iago Bascoy
    Participant

It is solved. Thanks Geoff!

Geoff

My pleasure! Thanks for following up and confirming the answer.

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. šŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems translating the field "Other" in Event details’ is closed to new replies.