Promotion code Apply button resets quantity to 0 and confuses users

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Promotion code Apply button resets quantity to 0 and confuses users

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    barbara schendel
    Participant

Hi there, my client reported a complaint she keeps receiving from her users/members regarding the user flow of the EventBrite plugin. Right now, the promotion code link appears below the listing of tickets and quantity dropdowns — so users first enter their quantities, then they scroll down and enter their promotion code. However, when the user clicks the big Apply button, it resets the quantities back to 0. This confuses people because they don’t notice it so it yells at them when they try to click the Order Now button with a 0 quantity.

What would make sense would be to either move the promotion code functionality above the ticket quantities, OR just do not reset the quantity when Apply is clicked.

Is there any chance that you can direct me how I might fix this issue? I know there may be no way to do it short of directly editing the plugin, but it’s pretty clunky right now so I thought it couldn’t hurt to ask.
    Thanks!

Barry

Hi – great question.

It sounds like you are referring to the layout and workflow within the ticket box itself – however this is in fact not something we control, all of that content is generated by eventbrite.com and so even by hacking the plugin you’re not going to find it easy to modify this.

Have you approached Eventbrite themselves with your concerns?

barbara schendel
    Participant

Yes that occurred to me after I emailed you. Good idea I’ll try them. Not sure that I’ll get anywhere but it’s worth a shot anyway. 🙂 Thanks!

Barry

Definitely worth a shot 🙂

I wish we could do more – but it works in such a way that only they can really change the layout, workflow etc within that iframe.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread – but if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new thread and one of the team will be only too happy to assist.

Last but not least, we’d love to hear your thoughts on The Events Calendar over on our review page – it’s a great way for us to learn what we’re doing right and what we might be getting wrong – thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Promotion code Apply button resets quantity to 0 and confuses users’ is closed to new replies.