Push Multiday Events to bottom on Calendar View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Push Multiday Events to bottom on Calendar View

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    I am still having trouble with the calendar. Well it isn’t so much a problem as it is confusion on my part. So lets say I have my month view set to the default events per day setting (3 events). Lets also assume that I have 3 multiday events that start on April 1st and end on April 30rd. My month view is now almost completely useless. Even if I have several other events on days through out April. I guess I have two questions I am asking.
    Can I push these multiday events below events only occurring one day?
    How did you intend multiday events to be used as opposed to reoccurring events?

Thanks for your time,
    – Jordan

Casey D

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for reaching out, these are good questions!

From what I can tell, there is no simple setting to make one event appear above another. If you check out our Themer’s Guide, you could probably make a template override to display what you want. Unfortunately that level of customization goes beyond the scope of the forums.

I would say multiday events are for events of consecutive days, like a camp, festival or fairs. Reoccurring events are best for days with gaps, like an event that happens once a month or week like lunch meetings, book clubs or sporting events.

Ultimately, it might be best to reconsider how you publicize your month long events. Unless attendees are going to be physically present throughout the entire duration (all 30 days straight), it may confuse guests when compared to other events that have a listed ‘start’ and ‘end’ time. Of course, increasing the number of “Month view events per day” in the Display Settings is a viable option too.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can expand on anything.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello whirlmagazine,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Push Multiday Events to bottom on Calendar View’ is closed to new replies.