questions before purchase

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions questions before purchase

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nicklas

Hi, i have a few questions before purchase.
    Im building a site for a chain of martial arts centers, and i need a schedule function.
    I tried out a couple of different ones, but none really checked all the boxes of functionality the site owner demands.

1. I need to be able to build and show weekly schedules for 5 different centers in five different sub pages on a wp site.
    2. the schedules need to be able to support reoccurring events so that the owner don’t need to program each class separatley for every date for all of the centers.
    3. But it also need to able to cancel reoccurring events on some of the dates if there is a holliday for lets say, 4th july or christmas day. (cancel the event on that specific date, not for the rest of the whole period)
    4. Finally i need some function to bring todays classes from all the centers and show in some sort of list on the frontage in a widget bar.

Do you currently support these functions in events calendar pro?

Geoff

Hi there, Nicklas! Thanks for getting in touch. πŸ™‚

Great questions. Let’s see if we can hit them one at a time.

1. I need to be able to build and show weekly schedules for 5 different centers in five different sub pages on a wp site.

The PRO version of the plugin does comes with a Weekly View, so we’ve got you covered there. You can also create Venues in the plugin, which might be a handy way to categorize the events in your calendar. The Venues also get their own pages, which includes a map and list of upcoming events associated with that specific venue. Sounds like this would be a handy feature for you.

We don’t currently have the ability to manage separate calendars. However, using Venues and Event Categories and linking to their respective URLs might just be what you’re looking for.

2. the schedules need to be able to support reoccurring events so that the owner don’t need to program each class separatley for every date for all of the centers.

PRO comes with recurring events, so you’re good to go there. The recurring events can follow standard patterns (e.g. weekly) or custom patterns (e.g. 2nd Tuesday of every month), so it’s pretty flexible.

3. But it also need to able to cancel reoccurring events on some of the dates if there is a holliday for lets say, 4th july or christmas day. (cancel the event on that specific date, not for the rest of the whole period)

Recurring events can be modified on a series and individual basis, so you can edit one event in the series or the entire series at once. That includes deleting an event from the series, if you need to. You can do that without deleting the entire series.

4. Finally i need some function to bring todays classes from all the centers and show in some sort of list on the frontage in a widget bar.

PRO also comes with a Events List widget. It does exactly what you’d think, which is display a certain number of events (which you can specify) in a widget area of your site. Although it isn’t able to be filtered by events on a specific day, it does include the ability to filter events in certain categories and tags. Here is a screenshot of what the widget options look like in the admin screen.

I’m sure it would be possible to limit the display of events in the widget to those in the current day, but it would take a bit of customization from what comes out of the box. I’d suggest checking out our Themer’s Guide, which will show you how to override any of our plugin templates (including widgets) to customize the appearance or content to suit your needs.

I’ll also point out that we offer a full 30-day refund on purchases, so you can always go ahead and give the plugins a spin and email us for a refund with your original receipt if they don’t seem to fit what you’re looking for.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Thanks for confirming the answer, Nicklas! It’s much appreciated. πŸ™‚

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help!

Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘questions before purchase’ is closed to new replies.