Reccuring Events Not Working Properly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Reccuring Events Not Working Properly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Alan Jones
    Participant

Wordpress 3.9.2

These are my back end reccuring event settings
    Start Date & Time: 2014-10-01 @ 8:00 AM
    End Date & Time: 2014-10-01 @ 5:00 PM
    Recurrence: Every week and will end 2014-10-29

Problems:

• 1. Except for the initial event the rest of the reccuring events link to a “no results found page”
    • 2. Tooltip information in monthly view gives of different information
      • Initial event tooltip info:
        • “October 1., 2014 @ 8:00am – 5:00 pm”
      • Recurring event tooltip info”
        • “October 8, 2014 @ 3:00pm – October 9, 2014 @ 12:00 am”
        • “October 15, 2014 @ 3:00pm – October 16, 2014 @ 12:00 am”
        • “October 22, 2014 @ 3:00pm – October 23, 2014 @ 12:00 am”
        • “October 29, 2014 @ 3:00pm – October 29, 2014 @ 12:00 am”
    • 3. When I set it to “All day event” it adds another event on thursday
      All day Event : Checked
      Recurrence: Every week and will end 2014-10-29

• same thing happens when
        All day Event : Checked
        Recurrence: Custom and will end 2014-10-29
        Frequency: Weekly Every 1 Week(s) on:
        Only Wednesday is checked
      • when “All day Event” is unchecked
        Thursday reccuring event dissapears but tooltip info wrong on reccuring events

Please check this out.. we need immediate help..
    You can view the problems in this link here

Brian
    Keymaster

Sorry for the troubles.

I can help you get to the bottom of this and get everything working.

First I would like to have you do the four steps for me to see if we can narrow down the problem.

1) Resaving Time Zone:

Please go to Settings->General and change the Timezone to “New York” (if already on that selection change it, then save, then change back to “New York” and save again)

2) Flush Permalinks:

Please follow the link below and follow the steps to flush the permalinks, then check the results and see if the recurring events work or if a new recurring event works.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/troubleshooting-404-errors/

3) Testing For Conflicts:

Please follow the link below and test for conflicts, then check the results and see if the recurring events work or if a new recurring event works.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/testing-for-conflicts/

4) Customization Questions:

Please answer the following so I can confirm these are not issues:

Have you don any customizations for the Events Calendar?

Does your theme make any changes to how WordPress finds the timezone?

Please let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thanks

Alan Jones
    Participant
    • 1. I changed the time zone as you said and nothing is changed.
    • 2. The no results page I’m talking were not 404 pages. it’ssomehow being redirected i don’t know why.
      from this supposed link http://www.fbc-statesboro.org/event/test-reccuring-event-october/2014-10-08/ then is changed to http://www.fbc-statesboro.org/venue/all-youth-floor/ and I believe the second link is a “venue” link
    • 3. I’ve changed the theme back to twenty twelve, deact
    • ivated all plugins except Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro

• 4. I did an override customization on the list view. I think it should not affect the monthly view but still removed it anyway.
    • not of these gave any result on narrowing the problem.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information.  I have some more things to confirm and try to figure this out.

I understand it is not 404 errors, but it is related to permalinks, can you confirm you followed this guide to flush permalinks, thanks.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/troubleshooting-404-errors/

Also, please check what is in your htaccess file in the root of your site and if you can paste the contents in a reply, that may have some information on why the event is being redirected to a venue.

And can you please create a test recurring event with all the Information filled in for the Event and Venue.

Please let me know what you find out and we can take the next step from there.

Thanks

Alan Jones
    Participant

here is the htaccess

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ – [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

the permalinks are already set to postname

here is the sample page where the test event is
    http://www.fbc-statesboro.org/events/2014-10/

Brian
    Keymaster

Oh how strange. I wonder if we could repeat the troubleshooting steps backwards – on a test site – so as not to impact your current site.

If possible could you create a site in a sub directory and start with the Events Calendar and the Events Calendar Pro and WordPress Twenty Twelve. Once created please create a test event with all the Event and Venue Information filled in.

If that “test site”  is working with the initial, try adding your current theme to it and check again with a new recurring event. Then if it is still working check after installing all your plugins with another recurring event.

If that is not possible with a test site, could you deactivate all plugins but the Events Calendar ones, change themes to Twenty Twelve, resave permalinks, then create a new recurring event and then send me a note I can take a look at it.

Series Engine

Also I noticed you are using Series Engine and we have noticed conflicts with our plugins related to date and timing issues for recurring events as their plugin changes WordPress timezones away from UTC causing problems with our plugin. We are working on a fix for it, but I do know when it will be released.

Let me know about that and we can keep working on find the problem.

Thanks

Alan Jones
    Participant

Indeed it was the series engine plugin that making the conflict.. thanks! I haven’t noticed it until you mentioned about it and until I created a new reccuring event after deactivating it/ re saving the old troubled event… can we possibly have a hotfix for this? incase we have these problems again, since you mentioned that you don’t when the fix will be released.

Brian
    Keymaster

One way to get around it right now maybe to deactivate Series Engine, Create your Recurring Events, and then Reactivate it. Since the Recurring Events are already created the Series Engine should not change them after that.

I will talk to the team today and see if we have a hotfix or what else can be done to help this.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have some coding that you can add to your theme’s function.php file that may help fix this conflict with Series Engine.

add_action( 'admin_init', 'event_editor_force_utc' );
    function event_editor_force_utc() {
    global $pagenow, $post;
    if ( 'post-new.php' !== $pagenow && 'post.php' !== $pagenow ) return;
    if ( TribeEvents::POSTTYPE !== get_post_type( $post ) ) return;
    date_default_timezone_set( 'UTC' );
    }

Also, we have found if you disable Timely integration from the Series Engine Settings it alleviates the worst of the conflicts with The Events Calendar Pro.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Reccuring Events Not Working Properly’ is closed to new replies.