Recurring Event customization

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event customization

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    plrw14
    Participant

Is it possible to add a second exception to recurring events? We have monthly meetings the same day each month, but two months out of the year we don’t have a meeting. Is there a way to delete those specific dates and place a “No meeting” text in its place?

Barry

Well, you can trash individual instances of a recurring event which should come close to what you want here. To add no meeting text though it would probably be better to alter just the title and/or content of that one instance – however that is not currently supported ‘out of the box’.

That said, it’s possible if you are at home doing some custom development work. We’d also love to see this as a feature request, or if it’s already been posted you could even add your support to it.

Thanks!

laurasbeads
    Participant

I also have a situation where we need more customization for our recurring events. I’ve been using the free plug in for some time and just cloning the events that recur, then decided recently to upgrade to PRO to make it easier. My common recurring event happens at the same time on a Friday, Saturday and Wednesday. I set it up for an every day event, then trashed the Sun, Mon, Tues occurrences. They stopped showing up on the month view, but still showed up on the list view. Is there another workaround? I’m not truly a developer, so cannot get into complicated customization behind the scenes. I’m also wondering if you have any future plans to expand on the recurring events feature to include more customization options in the near future? Otherwise I’m afraid I should have stuck with the free version for my limited use. Thank you so much for your help.

Barry

I’m sorry we missed your post, laurasbeads, but unfortunately we are not notified when someone other than the original poster updates a thread. For that reason, it is always best to create a new thread of your own.

Quite a bit of time has passed at this point so I will go ahead and close the thread, but please do feel free to create new threads if you still need assistance 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event customization’ is closed to new replies.