Recurring event in list doesn’t show correct start date version 3.8

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring event in list doesn’t show correct start date version 3.8

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rhccmarcom
    Participant

Hello, I’m having the same issue where I’ve created a recurring event and it starts the day before. I read through previous posts that this should be fixed on v3.8 and I am currently running v3.8.1

rhccmarcom
    Participant

In the Month view the recurring date is showing up 1 day before.
    In the week view the recurring event isn’t showing at all
    In day view it is showing up 1 day before

Geoff

Hi there, Christian! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. I’m sorry you’re hitting some trouble here, but let’s see if we can figure it out together. 🙂

That’s definitely strange! I see how events that are set for a specific date (e.g. Nov. 23) display exactly one day before (e.g. Nov. 22). That’s not expected behavior for the calendar, for sure.

Could you try temporarily activating the default Twenty Thirteen theme, to see if the issue happens there as well? If disabling the theme fixes it, that’s good news! It means we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict.

If the issue is still there when using the default Twenty Thirteen theme, then we can try testing for conflicts with other installed plugins. Using the Twenty Thirteen, please try deactivating all of your plugins, except for the ones from Modern Tribe. Does that solve the problem? If so, reactivate the plugins one at a time until the issue pops back up, then tell me which one was causing the issue.

These steps are also outlined here if you want some more details on how to test for conflicts.

Give those steps a shot and let me know what you find.

Cheers!
    Geoff

rhccmarcom
    Participant

Hi Geoff, I performed these steps before submitting the request and did not see any change. I also tried some of the suggestions from a previous post to change my time zone to east coast to see if it changed and that too did not work.

rhccmarcom
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi there, Christian. Thanks for your cooperation so far!

I’m still unable to replicate the issue on my end, so the next thing I would like to try here is creating a fresh test site–this will avoid any disruption to your live site and ensure that we’ve got a “clean canvas” to work with.

• Please install a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory (if you have a CPanel-type hosting account there will probably be a one-click install script to make this really easy)
    • Don’t install anything except The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO
    • Please also stick to a default theme–again, there’s no need to install anything else just yet!
    • Create a new recurring event so we have some test data to work with
    • Can you replicate the same problem?

If you find you can replicate the problem under these conditions it would be awesome if you could stop and let me know so I can take a look while the site is still running under default conditions.

Thanks for your help!

Geoff

rhccmarcom
    Participant

I’ve installed a fresh theme on volunteers.rhccresources.com Right away I’m noticing a couple of differences. On the fresh install, under the settings section the content is different under some of the tabs. For example, on the primary site, when I click on Events>Settings>Display the first thing I see is “Enable event views” with options. On the fresh install if I’m in the same area, I see a header box with content then “Default stylesheet used for events templates” with options……this is not in my parent site backend.
    I’ve checked versions, and I’m using 4.0.1 Pro and

rhccmarcom
    Participant

I’ve installed a fresh theme on volunteers.rhccresources.com Right away I’m noticing a couple of differences. On the fresh install, under the settings section the content is different under some of the tabs. For example, on the primary site, when I click on Events>Settings>Display the first thing I see is “Enable event views” with options. On the fresh install if I’m in the same area, I see a header box with content then “Default stylesheet used for events templates” with options……this is not in my parent site backend.
    I’ve checked versions, and I’m using 4.0.1 Pro

rhccmarcom
    Participant

I’ve tried deactivating both plugins, deleting them and reinstalling but that hasn’t helped.

Geoff

Hi Christian! Great work so far. 🙂

First off, it looks like the date of the recurring events is working properly on the fresh install. I see the events display the correct dates when viewing the calendar: http://volunteers.rhccresources.com/events/

That leads me to believe that there is a theme or plugin conflict on the parent site. To isolate the issue, I would suggest activating your parent site theme and checking to see if the issue reappears. If not, activate each installed plugin separately and check until the issue the issue pops back up. You may need to publish a test event each time since the issue seems to involve the timezones and database.

On the fresh install if I’m in the same area, I see a header box with content then “Default stylesheet used for events templates” with options……this is not in my parent site backend.

Wow, that’s super weird! What you’re seeing on the fresh install is what you should be seeing on the parent site as well.

Have you made any customizations to your calendar of theme functions on the parent site that might have affected this? I still wonder if there is a theme conflict at play since it appears on the parent site that was having issues before but not on the fresh install where the issues have been resolved.

Will you please try reinstalling the Events plugins? You can grab the latest version of the free plugin here and the latest version of the PRO version by heading to Account Central > Downloads when you’re logged into this site. Let’s use fresh downloads to make sure we work with a clean slate.

Thanks for working with me this far! I hope this help clear things up a bit. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

rhccmarcom
    Participant

I’m not sure whats wrong. When I installed the theme on the volunteer site it did not cause any problems.
    On my parent site, I’ve deleted the events plugin, reinstalled both the free and PRO versions. I’ve deleted all other plug ins and am still getting this error along with a different view of the backend. Though I deleted the plug ins, I can tell that files weren’t removed because my events were still there. Can I FTP in and remove every file that is part of the events plug in and try to do a fresh install of everything? Apparently deleting the plugin doesn’t delete everything.

rhccmarcom
    Participant

I’ve isolated it to the free version. I removed all events, emptied the trash, uninstalled the PRO version with no other plugins on the site and am getting single events to show up in the wrong dates.
    If I’m logged into the volunteer section I’m still getting a different user interface than I am on my parent site.:(

Geoff

Hi there, Christian. Sorry, I know this is probably frustrating and I appreciate you sticking with me through this. 🙂

Are you using the Enfold theme? For some reason, that theme pulls functionality out of The Events Calendar plugin, including the default stylesheet options in the Event Settings. That explains why you would see the interface one way with a default theme activated, then another interface with Enfold activated.

We are aware of this conflict, but there is only so much we can do and some things have to be fixed at the theme level as well. If this is something that you would like to see addressed at the theme level, I would highly suggest contact the theme author (Kriesi) to let them know.

Again, I’m sorry you’re bumping into this. Hopefully the theme author will be able to help provide a solution or workaround to help address this.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Christian! Hope all is well and that this has gotten sorted out since the last update.

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring event in list doesn’t show correct start date version 3.8’ is closed to new replies.