Recurring Event links to incorrect date

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event links to incorrect date

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Todd
    Participant

In my Settings, i have “Show only the first instance of each recurring event” checked. The event-list then correctly displays only the NEXT event of a series, rather than all recurrences. HOWEVER, the LINKS (on the event Title, and “Find out more”) are WRONG. The links are to the FOLLOWING occurence of the series, rather than for the one displayed in the list.

To be more specific, my recurring-event has 3 instances – 12/2, 12/9, and 12/16. The event-list shows 12/2 as the date, but it LINKS to 12/9.

See a youtube screen-cast –> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgo1upKTcHQ

. Yes, i did disable all plugins, and switch to TwentyFourteen, and the problem persists.
    And i’m running WP 4.0 and Tribe v.3.8.1.

By the way, while submitting this question, your form asks if i tested on the 2011 default theme. Why not update that to 2014 by now?

Josh
    Participant

Hello Todd,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I apologize for any inconvenience you’ve had in using our plugin.

I appreciate the screencast you provided! That really helped to clarify the issue. I checked out your site and saw the event that this was happening to as well (the “OLD” version of the event). However, I was unable to reproduce the issue on my local site.

I also noticed that it looks like you recreated the event and it appears to be working properly on your site? Was this event created in a different way or is there a difference in the event settings that could be causing the conflict that I can then try on my local install in an attempt to recreate?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks!

Todd
    Participant

Hi Josh. Yes, i kept working on the problem after i posted here.

As you saw, the event with the problem has “old” appended to the title, which i did because i subsequently created a NEW event as a test — and this new event works properly.

My old event was originally a normal/single event, created in TEC v2.x, before i upgraded to v3.8.1 and purchased the Pro add-on yesterday. Once i got the Pro, I CHANGED that event to be a recurring event, and this resulted in the date/link bug.

The NEW event (created as a test, and which works properly) originated as a Recurring Event, and was created in TEC v3.8.1.

Testing further, i created another new event (in v3.8.1) as a single/normal event, and then changed it to be recurring. This also worked properly!

So it seems the bug occurs for events that were created in v2.x. I wonder if you can replicate this.

Josh
    Participant

Hello Todd,

Thanks for following up with us!

I’m glad you’re able to get the links to work for your events now. For the other events, are there multiple single events that you have which you’re expecting to change over to recurring events now that you have the latest version of the plugin?

Thanks!

Todd
    Participant

Before getting Pro, my client was setting up a recurring-event (like every Tuesday in November) by setting the Start date as the first occurence, and the End date as the last occurence, so the event (quite incorrectly) appeared on the calendar EVERY DAY between the Start and End dates. With the recurring feature, now it can correctly show only on the four Tuesdays. I am HOPING my client does not care about fixing the incorrect / every-day dispay of the PAST events, and just enjoy the correct display for FUTURE events.

But if they insist on fixing the past events too.. is there any function or hook to adjust/correct the date of the “next instance” of a recurring event — basically, is there a way to fix this bug?

Josh
    Participant

Hello Todd,

Thanks for following up with us!

I’ll run it by our developers to see if there is a solution that could be pursued to help with these upgraded events and follow up with you here.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event links to incorrect date’ is closed to new replies.