Recurring Event Not showing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event Not showing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    taochiflow
    Participant

I set up my events to recur to Custom–Weekly–then I select specific days and also an end date at least 1 year later and the event passes but does not recur.
    http://whitetigerqigong.com/events/
    here is an example
    http://whitetigerqigong.com/event/qigong-classes-bali/2014-09-08/

Geoff

Hi Janelle,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry you’re running into trouble, but let’s see if we can tackle it together.

First, let’s check your recurring events settings (Events > Settings > General). Is the box next to “Recurring event instances” checked? If so, please try unchecking that and let me know if the events are displaying the way they should.

If that doesn’t do the trick, then we should test to see if there is a conflict with your theme or one of the other plugins being used on the site. Could you try temporarily activating the default Twenty Thirteen theme and following the steps outlined here to test for conflicts?

Give those steps a shot and let me know what you find.

Cheers!
    Geoff

taochiflow
    Participant

Your link
    https://tri.be/support/documentation/testing-for-conflicts/”
    did not work.
    I really need help fast it is interfering with our business operations. Why don’t you go in and try to do this as now I have to pay someone to fix your software issues.

taochiflow
    Participant

Also your advice of unchecking the box did not resolve my issue

Hans Christian
    Participant

I am having the same problem here!
    Recurring events are not showing correctly any more. Sometimes it is just the first event that is shown, at other times they are shown randomly.
    Could it be a WP 4.0 conflict?

Hans Christian
    Participant

Okay, I have been able to narrow down the problem.
    When making a new recurring event, starting today and forth, everything is okay.
    If I edit a recurring event, that has events prior than today, they no longer show up correctly.
    So it seems that the issue revolves around events with entries older than the present day.

Geoff

Hi Janelle,

I apologize for sending a bad link. Here is the correct one:
    https://tri.be/support/documentation/testing-for-conflicts/

Could you try temporarily activating the default Twenty Thirteen theme to see if the issue happens there as well?

If disabling the theme fixes it, that’s good news! It means we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict.

If the issue continues with the default Twenty Thirteen theme active, then we can try testing for conflicts with other installed plugins. With Twenty Thirteen still active, please try deactivating all of your plugins, except for the ones from Modern Tribe. Does that solve the problem? If so, reactivate the plugins one at a time until the issue pops back up, then tell me which one was causing the issue.

Give those steps a shot and let me know what you find.

Hans, thanks for chiming in! If it sounds like you’re having the same issue, please feel free to following along. If it the issue seems different, please open up a new thread and we’ll tackle it there so it doesn’t get lost. 🙂

Thanks!
    Geoff

taochiflow
    Participant

Geoff-I don’t have a twenty thirteen theme. Why don’t I just make you a login and you do this?
    Send me your email please.
    Hans-did you figure out how to resolve it?

Geoff

Hi Janelle,

Unfortunately, it’s tough for me to figure out a solution if you aren’t able to first  confirm that the issue is isolated to the plugin. I haven’t been able to replicate the issue on my end and it’s definitely not how the plugin is expected to behave.

You can get the Twenty Thirteen theme here if you don’t already have it.

Also, I noticed that the link you sent me to the issue…
    http://whitetigerqigong.com/event/qigong-classes-bali/2014-09-08/

…redirects to the here:
    http://whitetigerqigong.com/all/

That makes me think there is something going on with your settings, or perhaps a theme/plugin conflict. If you can send me a screenshot of the recurring event settings for that event and a working link to the issue, that might help as well so I can try to replicate the issue as you have it set up.

Geoff

taochiflow
    Participant

We have tried all of your suggestions and to no avail. What now?

taochiflow
    Participant

How do I send you a screenshot?

Geoff

Hey there! It looks like you’re using the WPML plugin. Can you confirm that is the case and did you definitely try deactivating it? There are known compatibility issues with WPML and that could explain the strange behavior.

taochiflow
    Participant

Confirmed we have tried.

Geoff

Thanks for the confirmation, Janelle. Glad the issue isn’t with WPML but it definitely would’ve explained it.

At this point, I would need to see the issue on a test site since I’m unable to replicate the issue on my end and haven’t been able to see it with the link you provided as well. If you could set up a fresh WordPress installation in a subdirectory of your site (e.g. yousite.com/test) with the default WordPress theme activated and no other plugins installed except for the ones by Modern Tribe, and send me a link that shows the issue, that will allow me to dig into this a lot deeper.

It would be fantastic if you could facilitate that.

Thanks!
    Geoff

unitbit
    Participant

Hi, I had the same problem, I could reproduce it (even if sounds really strange).
    I insert a recurring event and I’m not able to see it on the calendar, as soon as I disable WPML Multilingual CMS the list of recurring events appeas (not just the first one).
    Strange thing is when I enable back the plugin the recurring events are still there
    Hope this is useful..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event Not showing’ is closed to new replies.