Recurring Event not starting with the correct date on the events page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event not starting with the correct date on the events page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mightymen
    Participant

Recurring Event not starting with the correct date on the events page.
    Created, recurring events, when clicked do not go to the correct “next upcoming date”. It will skip ahead to a random next date in the series.
    Also, on the events page, it will show a random date in the future within the series.

Barry

Hi mightymen, sorry to hear you are hitting difficulties.

Would it be possible to start with our standard troubleshooting steps in the first instance?

• Could you ensure The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO are up-to-date
    • Please then deactivate all other plugins
    • Switch to a fresh, unmodified copy of a default theme such as Twenty Thirteen
    • Does the same problem persist?

Assuming the problem goes away after running through those steps, can you begin reactivating everything one-at-a-time and try to identify if anything (your theme/another plugin) seems to be conflicting?

Let me know how you get on!

mightymen
    Participant

Is there a way to troubleshoot without taking the whole site down? Or a way to keep current site up and modify a temporary site? I can’t have the whole site go down for just a single issue.

Barry

Definitely yes – you could in fact run the process backwards: simply set up a fresh WordPress installation (could be in a subdirectory in the same hosting environment) and start by adding only our plugins.

Set up some test data and see if you can replicate the issue you described initially – then, assuming you cannot, start adding all of the plugins and ultimately the same theme you have on the live site.

Is that possible here?

mightymen
    Participant

it’s possible, although we have plenty of CSS and stuff that’s also hanging out around in the files. will wordpress work in a local directory? if so how do i open the “home” page of the local site once the directory is copied?

Barry

You mean will it work if you set it up on your local computer? Yes, so long as you have a suitable web server and PHP installed (a package like MAMP or XAMPP, depending on your preference and platform).

if so how do i open the “home” page of the local site once the directory is copied?

It depends where you install it, really, but suppose it is in your web server’s root directory then you would simply navigate to http://localhost in your browser.

Alternatively, though, if you have a CPanel style hosting environment for your live site you might find it easier to use a one-click installer (if your host provides this functionality) and add a fresh copy of WordPress to a subdirectory (ie, yourdomain.com/testsite).

Does that help?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event not starting with the correct date on the events page’ is closed to new replies.