"Recurring Event (See all)" link not removed for non-recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "Recurring Event (See all)" link not removed for non-recurring events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gvpennysaver
    Participant

When viewing a single occurrence of a recurring Event, there is a link that says “Recurring Event (See all)”. If the Event is then changed to a non-recurring Event, the link is not being removed. How do I remove the link? (In the admin area, the Event is also still showing “Yes” in the “Recurring” column.)

gvpennysaver
    Participant

OK…I managed to fix this for the Event, but it is still something that should be looked into for future updates. I had to go directly into the “wp_posts” table of the database, and delete the rows that had: 1. A “post_parent” that matched the main ID of the Event; AND 2. A “post_status” of “trash”; AND 3. A “post_type” of “tribe_event” (“tribe_events”? Can’t remember which). I was able to leave a row that matched the parent ID, had a status of “inherit”, and a type of “revision”.

Barry

Hi – sorry to hear you hit difficulties (but great you worked around them 🙂 ).

There is definitely a problem where all but one event in a series is trashed and I’ve logged it for further attention. If this does crop up in the future, you might find it easier to hit Edit Single on the last remaining event which will break it out of the chain of events (and so it should no longer appear as recurring on the frontend).

That said, I definitely get your point that it makes no sense to display a “Recurring Event (See All)” message in this scenario and hopefully we’ll be able to do something about that shortly.

Please note though that our very next maintenance release is literally in the final stages of preparation so we will probably be unable to squeeze a fix for this problem into the same release – but we’ll certainly look at it shortly thereafter.

Thanks for reporting this 🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘"Recurring Event (See all)" link not removed for non-recurring events’ is closed to new replies.