Recurring events and ticketing

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Recurring events and ticketing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jana

I need recurring events, and I need a simple ticket sales plugin.

I understand none of your ticketing plugins support recurring events. Is there a work around for this? For example, can I duplicate events rather than set them as recurring, and will I then be able to sell tickets?

Which of the ticket plugins is the simplest, but still provides email confirmations? Thanks.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Jana,

To clarify our ticketing plugins share their stock counts and such across all recurrences. So if you have one event every week, 100 tickets available, and someone buys a ticket for this week and someone buys a ticket for next week, they will both show that there are only 98 left. Quirky ehh? We are absolutely working on this. Trouble is, in order to accommodate it we have had to completely redesign some large parts of our plugin. In order to keep is stable and not break compatibility with current users you have to take your time.

You can create a recurring event without tickets. Then to sell tickets individually for all of those events, click “Edit Single” instead of “Edit all events in series”. You can now add your tickets. You will certainly get email confirmations and such. But, while your event information like description, photos, times, etc will propagate across all of the recurrences you will have to manually add a ticket for each one of them. Hopefully that will be a tenable solution for the mean time while we work to bake recurrence into our ticketing framework.

Please let me know if you have questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for marking the answer. I am going to archive this topic.

– Brook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events and ticketing’ is closed to new replies.