Recurring Events Gone Wild

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events Gone Wild

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Susan
    Participant

I tried to create two events recently with 2 occurrences and the Events Calendar hung up and created hundreds of iterations of each. The biggest problem is that I can only delete them one at a time, waiting while each one deletes before I go on to the next. If I select more than one (even just 2), select “Delete” from Bulk Actions and then “Apply” I get a “deletion error” message. At this rate it will take me days to get rid of them all!!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Logan,

That is crazy! You are the first person I have seen running 3.7 to experience duplicate events. We did have a somewhat similar issue in version 3.4 that was fixed in 3.4.1. But I have seen nothing like since then. I just wanted to double check, are you running the latest version of our plugins and WordPress?

Good call on trying bulk delete. I am sad to hear that is not working for you. Was the “Deletion error” message specific? Can you copy the full error message here, or was that all it said?

There might be one other way to bulk delete events. If you go into the list these events, instead of clicking “Edit Single” on one of those events click “Edit All”. Now click the Trash button. Did that work, or do you perhaps get a deletion error as well? If you are continuing to receive a deletion error message, it could be that your server has a very low resource limit and is simply preventing batch deletions of any kind of WP Post. In which case it would be worth looking into bumping up those limits, because you would face the same problem attempting to batch delete all WP Posts not just custom ones like ours.

If you are still having trouble batch deleting, it is very very possible that one of your plugins or perhaps your theme is not quite playing well with The Events Calendar. We can easily test for that by following this guide. Would you mind following steps 1 & 2 of the testing if there is a conflict section, then for step three attempt to bulk delete those events once again?

Once we can figure out how to delete those events, then we can try to recreate one and see if we can figure out why it duplicated them in the first place. Please let me know how the above steps go. I look forward to getting this fixed, it a real puzzling problem. Cheers!

– Brook

Susan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Susan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Should bulk edit still work correctly with v. 1.7?

I do not know. 🙁 There were so many changes in 1.9 it would not surprise me, but neither I nor anyone on the team is testing in versions of jQuery other than what WordPress is currently using.

If there is any way that can you revert to the default version of jQuery, that would tell us straight away if it is the problem. Best bet would be to run our conflict testing procedure. But that might not be possible.

Some very technical procedure you could try if you are the sort who does that: Set PHP to reports errors to a log and double check if there are any in it. Perhaps log warninsg too. You might also check the MySQL logs. The fact that it is only limitted to 3 posts does make me wonder it it is related to SQL, though it is a long shot. You could even setup a WP Query logger to see if the WP delete queries are even accurate, and if they are, can you run them manually?

Just some more ideas to throw out there. My primary suspect is that it is one of your unique customizations to the site that is not mxing well with the plugin. Disabling those customizations one by one is certainly a good way to isolate it down, and then we can look about a fix.

– Brook

Christoph
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I think I have got the same problem. Cannot tell 100% since I cannot read the private messages. I have hundreds of duplicates of recurring events and some of them I cannot delete in bulk. Because we have really a lot of recurring Events, there are about 4500 Events in total right now of which many are duplicates. I started deleting them but they reappear faster than I can delete. I do not really understand this. However I use the roots.io theme as a base and the Events Calendar 3.7.
    Do you have any clue how to fix this? Anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks in advance

Christoph

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Christoph,

That could be related from the sound of it. First things first, would it be possible for you to test if this is one of the customizations to your site that might be conflicting. This guide will help you test if something is conflicting. If something is, it then walks you through identifying what is conflicting. Once we know that we can work towards a fix.

If you have complete the “Test if there is a conflict” section and still can not bulk delete, would you mind grabbing your system information and pasting it here? Make sure to use the ‘Set as private reply’ checkbox to protect your private information from the public. You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings, clicking on the “Help” tab, and scrolling down to the ‘System Information’ box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help) That way I can check for any similarities in your setup.

Thanks!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a spell without an update I am going to archive. However, if you experiencing this problem still please open a new topic. We’d be glad to help. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events Gone Wild’ is closed to new replies.