Recurring events in wrong months?!??

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events in wrong months?!??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    adam
    Participant

I have several recurring events that are appearing in the wrong months.

http://nlcgroups.com/events/category/somersworth/

All of these events have been going on since December, and are in the wrong months, events are showing up in February, that are weekly recurring events. They have instances this week, but are still showing up as February.

There are other events that are showing up in July that should be in April, since they have an instance in April…..

Please help Obi Wan’s you are my only hope….

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Adam,

I really like what you have done with the site. It is cool to see it now that everything looks finished.

Have you tried going to WP Admin > Events > Settings and playing with the option to ‘Only show the first upcoming event in a recurring series’? Does any combination fix things? If not…

Sadly, I am more than a little suspicious that one of your customizations is causing the conflict here. Probably either a theme override, or your theme itself. <span style=”font-size: 13px;”>I wish there was an easier way to narrow the culprit, but our standard debugging procedures are by far and away the best method to do so. Would you mind running through them?</span>

Could you try temporarily activating the default 2013 theme, and seeing if the issue persists.

If disabling the theme fixes it — We have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict. Do you have any theme overrides for the Events Calendar? If so could you try disabling them by renaming your [themename]/tribe-events/ folder to ‘tribe-events-bak’. Did that fix it?

If the issue persists in the default 2013 theme — Please keep the 2013 theme enabled, and also disable any plugins other than the ones from Modern Tribe to see if that fixes it. If it does, please try reenabling the plugins one at a time until the issue resurfaces. When it does resurface, can you let me know which plugin caused that to happen?

Please let me know the result. Cheers!

– Brook

adam
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
    1. Toggle on and off the “only show first upcoming event” – No improvement.
    2. Deactivated my theme, Problem shows up in 2013 and 2014.

3. Renamed my theme overrides folder, Problem exists.

4. Tried all 3 stylesheet settings. Problem exists.

5. Changed to 2013 and disabled all plugins (except EC and EC Pro, natch), Problem exists.

I can send you a login so you can take a look….

Brook
    Participant

Adam, thanks for running through those steps. In looking at your site right now it seems to be fixed. In the upcoming list you linked to, only events from April are showing up. Were you able to fix it, or did it fix itself by some manner of magic?

– Brook

adam
    Participant

Events are showing up in May/July/August that should be in April….

Brook
    Participant

Oh definitely. I am seeing that now as well.

If you would not mind creating an admin account for me to login and run some diagnostic tests, that would be awesome! Make sure to use the ‘Set as private reply’ checkbox to protect your private information from the public. Thanks for offering a login, hopefully I can get some extra information using that and figure out what is going on.

– Brook

adam
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you Adam! I have logged in and tried all that I can. Unfortunately without being able to switch to the default theme and disable your plugins myself, there is not much more I can test. Your current theme disables many things about TEC, and some of those things I would use for debugging. If you were to permit me to do this, let me know. And definitely create a full backup before hand (this is something only you can do, not me). Any time you are disabling lots of plugins and swapping themes a backup is a good idea. Better safe than sorry, but especially because I/Tribe can not be held liable if something happens while debugging a site you voluntarily give us debugging access to, so a backup is your insurance and guarantee.

I also understand if you do not want to allow me to fiddle with those settings, especially on a live site. In that case, the only ideas I have left are: Try recreating the events that are missing some dates, and see if the newly created ones work better. If not, fully reinstalling WP and your plugins is probably in order. A pain I know, but when you have run through all other debugging steps this becomes a far more likely culprit and thus more worth a shot.

I really wish I had better news. 🙁

– Brook

adam
    Participant

Let me make a backup next week , and we can dig a little deeper. I will try doinking an event and recreating it to see if that is the culprit…

Brook
    Participant

Thanks Adam. I look forward to helping you get this resolved. Maybe recreating events will fix it? I tried creating a test event and it show up in April, when the first upcoming occurrence was. So far we are 1/1 on new events. I just wish that I was 100% sure on the culprit, even if that is going to be the easiest fix.

– Brook

adam
    Participant

OK, I think I figured it out.
    There were (in the case of these rogue events) 2 event series’ with the same name and the same date and time. Some cases there was one single event that was created, and then a series with the same name.

It did not help if I deleted the single event to reset the series.

I had to delete both and then recreate the series.

Also, when you are filtering the list of events, and there are more than one page of events, if you hit the next page button too quickly, it goes to page 2 of the entire list of all events (same with the last page button and putting in a number of the pages) so you have to wait for all of the events to render on the page, then click the next page button, then wait, then click, then wait… ETC… until you get to the last page of events to delete the entire series.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy atracksler,

I am glad you got it figured out. It seems likely that the duplicate events was caused by a bug we had when a person upgraded from 3.4 to 3.5 on server with limited resources. Upgrading from 3.4 directly to 3.5.1 fixes the problem, but sadly that is only possible if you have a backup of your 3.4 database.

Regarding your other issue, it sounds like you were trying to navigate through the WP Admin > Events page but found it frustrating. If I was clicking Next page each time until the last one, I would be frustrated too! Luckily we have some extra tools to help ease this. There is the double arrow button >> that takes you to the very last page. Furthermore each of the table headings is sortable, so if wanted to reverse the default order you could simply click on the “Start Date” heading and it will then sort by start date in reverse order. Finally our Filters & Column bo at the top can help you limit the results down so that you are not looking at every event on your calendar. You can also have more events per page by click the Screen Options link in the upper right, and adjusting the settings there. Would one of those tools, or perhaps a combination of them, make it easier for you in the future?

Thanks!

– Brook

adam
    Participant

OK< I nailed down what is causing this issue.
    If I create a recurring event, and then after some time change the date of that event (like a Tuesday event that gets moved to Thursday) This causes the bung up.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy atracksler,

I am glad you were able to nail this down. Now that you understand what is happening do you feel that this is a bug, or just that you did not understand our event splitting feature that allows you to move all future occurrences of an event to a different date, and thus split the series in two? Thanks for posting back with you resolution!

– Brook

adam
    Participant

I think it is a bug, what is happening is that I go in to edit the first occurrence of the event, change the day, and then it gets doinked out into another month. If I go in and look at the occurrences, they are on the correct dates, but the first one that shows up is months out (even if there is an occurrence in the current month.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events in wrong months?!??’ is closed to new replies.