Recurring Events links are redirecting to another URL

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events links are redirecting to another URL

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    communityanswers
    Participant

Hello,

Things to know:

1. Organizations is a custom post type we created, not the tribe_organizer custom post type
    2. Recurring events links in HTML source code are correct, this means its a redirect or permalink issue.
    3. This redirect only happens on recurring events that are not the original (aka all recur rings events but the first one are having this issue).
    4. I have deactivated all plugins except “The Events Calendar” (3.7) and “Events Calendar Pro” (3.7).
    5. I have activated the “Twenty Eleven” theme for testing purposes.

We have a test site located at http://testarea01.wpengine.com. If we click on a recurring event link, either in a list or month view, we get redirected to another url (specifically …/organization/all -> …/organization/alliance-for-cancer-gene-therapy/). If I deactivate “Events Calendar Pro” (3.7) plugin, then all the links are correct and there are no redirects. It is from this testing that I believe it is an issue with “Events Calendar Pro” plugin.

The Problem: All recurring events links, except the first event, redirect to some other URL that is not correct. (aka “http://testarea01.wpengine.com/event/example-recurring-event/2014-08-22/” will redirect to “http://testarea01.wpengine.com/organization/alliance-for-cancer-gene-therapy/”)

The Desired outcome: All recurring events links should go to their respective permalink.

This site is currently under testing, so the “Things to Know” section might not be valid anymore. But those were the conditions I had during my testing of this bug.

Thank you for your time and help

Barry

Hi – I’m sorry to hear you are hitting difficulties.

Since this is a test site, would it be possible to run through our standard troubleshooting steps one more time – with the addition of an extra step at the end:

• Please ensure that The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO are up-to-date
    • Deactivate all other plugins
    • Switch to a fresh, unmodified copy of a default theme such as Twenty Thirteen
    • With all of the above steps done, please visit the Permalink Settings screen, select “post name” (%postname%) style permalinks and save the page even if you make no changes

Does the problem still persist? If it does, can you let me know before you reactivate your theme/any other plugins so I can take a look?

Thanks!

communityanswers
    Participant

Hello Barry,

I have performed all the steps and the problem still persists. If you use the web inspector the links appear to be correct, but the url is still being redirected.

Events Month View: http://testarea01.wpengine.com/events/month/

Correct Link in Month View: http://testarea01.wpengine.com/event/example-recurring-event/2014-08-22/

Redirecting to: http://testarea01.wpengine.com/all/

Thanks,

Kyle

Barry

Hi Kyle,

I’m sorry to hear that.

As in my last request, though, since it looks like this is a dev/test site would it be possible for you to run through those steps afresh then leave it in that condition if the problem persists – so I can take a peek at the site (and our plugins) running under default conditions?

It would be fantastic if you could facilitate that.

Thanks!

Darci Anderson
    Participant

I’m having this same issue

communityanswers
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

The test site has been available for you to test for 2 days. It’s still up. I’m quite surprised we are being asked to perform the same steps over and over.

Just to clarify, as of when I took a look this morning it still had something other than a default theme in place – hence my repeated request. I see it is now running Twenty Eleven though and appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Thanks also for sharing the login details: I see you have a number of must use plugins and dropins. I appreciate you may not be allowed to remove some of the WP Engine specific ones, but you do also have one that I assume you added yourself – Limit Login Attempts.

Can that also be disabled?

Thanks!

communityanswers
    Participant

Hello Barry – We’ve been going back and forth and it’s now been 7 days and nothing has been done to help resole this issue. It seems we just continue to go back/forth with you asking us about plugins. Can we get in contact with one of the developers to discuss this issue at more detail?

As reinforced by @heritagechurch – they also have same issue. Clearly, we’re not the only one having this issue.

re: PLUGINS – Again, we only have your 2 plugins (ECP and ECP Pro) active.
    re: THEME – We’ve tried this on default 2011 theme, 2012, 2013 and our own theme. Same issue.

We’ve performed all your standard troubleshooting suggestions as noted in first reply so we don’t need to continue down that path anymore.

As a developer myself, I’m really not sure what else I can provide to have you guys take a look? The site has been in the condition you requested for over 4 days.

Barry

I’m sorry for the delay and frustration.

On our side, though, we do need to get things as close as possible to a default environment without non-standard themes or third party plugins encroaching.

re: PLUGINS – Again, we only have your 2 plugins (ECP and ECP Pro) active

As a developer myself, I’m really not sure what else I can provide to have you guys take a look? The site has been in the condition you requested for over 4 days.

We absolutely appreciate your help and cooperation. But let’s be clear: when last I logged in there was another plugin present – a “must use” plugin called Limit Login Attempts – and in fact there was in addition to this another must-use plugin provided by your host – so this was not a clean, default environment.

Similarly, on logging in today, I see the same thing albeit Limit Login Attempts has been swapped out for a different one (“Force Strong Passwords”). So, again, we don’t have a clean environment to test in 🙂

I’m happy to accept this may be the wrong path though so let’s take a different approach: can you provide a complete database dump? We might then be able to replicate and pin this down.

Do note you will not be able to upload any files here on the forum, so uploading it to a service like Dropbox or similar (or to your own hosting account) and providing the link in your reply – by private reply ideally – is the best way to go here.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events links are redirecting to another URL’ is closed to new replies.