Recurring events rss feed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events rss feed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

On recurring events, the newsfeed displays the date as the original posted date. Is there any way to display the event date? The newsfeed below is what is in question.

http://stoneharborbarandgrill.com/events/category/happy/feed/

Rob

Thanks for the note here, David. We do have some changes coming on the RSS front during the 2.1 lifecycle…as you’ve mentioned the feed is still a basic RSS feed showing date posted, when I’m pushing for it to be beefed up (to include more content) as well as to show events by date they occur rather than by date posted.

I unfortunately don’t have a timetable for that integration beyond that it should be the 2.1 lifecycle, which we’re shifting our focus to after getting 2.0.6 out this week; but have you checked the forum here to see whether any other users have found third-party RSS plugins that can assist with this? I’ve seen a few related threads that may be of value there…

Jeremy
    Participant

That’s disappointing. I expected that the dates on events in the RSS feed would be correct, that seems basic. Rob, can you point out (or get a developer to point out) the file that builds the RSS feed for events?

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Jeremy, were not really doing anything with the RSS feed so it’s WordPress itself that’s building the RSS feed so you’ll want to look at conditionally modifying RSS feeds in WordPress. I hope that helps!

David
    Participant

OK, After some trial and error, the following returns the start date for Calendar events type posts and the published date for all other type posts in the main rss2 feed and various calendar category rss2 feeds.
    In wp-includes/feed-rss2.php
    replace:

with:

The ‘-0004’ is for eastern time(GMT minus four hours), adjust yours as necessary.
    Similar changes can be made to other rss feed types if necessary.

David
    Participant

Sorry, forgot to use code tag.

replace:

with:

David
    Participant

Sorry again. Hope this is proper use of code tag.

OK, After some trial and error, the following returns the start date for Calendar events type posts and the published date for all other type posts in the main rss2 feed and various calendar category rss2 feeds.
    replace:

with:

</code
    The ‘-0004′ is for eastern time(GMT minus four hours), adjust yours as necessary.

David
    Participant

Sorry Again. Hope I’ve tagged code right this time.

replace:

with:

The ‘-0004′ is for eastern time(GMT minus four hours), adjust yours as necessary.

David
    Participant

Please let me know how to quote code in the comments and I will repost my solution.

David
    Participant

Pastie of solution:

I case I did this wrong, trying standard html comment tag
    <!–
    replace:

with:

–!>

David
    Participant

Did it wrong and html comment tag didn’t work either, sorry.
    Last try.
    Pastie http://pastie.org/3846710.js

replace:

with:

David
    Participant

Link to pastie of code
    http://pastie.org/3846710
    replace:
    [code][/code]
    with:
    [code][/code]
    [code][/code]
    [code][/code]
    [code][/code]
    [code][/code]

David
    Participant

Halleluiah!
    The link works. For future reference, exactly what tag should I use to enclose code to keep it from executing?

Jonah
    Participant

Hey David, you should be using Pastie.org or Pastebin.com or GitHub Gists – you can also try using ‘code’ and ‘pre’ tags here but no guarantees its going to work very well until we get code highlighting in the forum sorted out.

By the way, thanks for the solution, however it’s not ideal because it does involve hacking core WordPress files which I would never recommend. There’s got to be a way to filter the RSS feeds instead…

Cheers,
    Jonah

David
    Participant

Until we see the changes proposed for 2.1, this fulfilled my need for posting events to Facebook thru RSS Graffiti. I did try the code and pre tags but they didn’t work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events rss feed’ is closed to new replies.