Recurring Events showing multiple times since update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events showing multiple times since update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    hillquest
    Participant

Since the update – the recurring events are showing multiple times in the list and calendar views. If I go in and make a change and update then it is fixed – but I have almost 300 recurring events – Help

Barry

Hi: I’m really sorry you are facing difficulties here.

Can you confirm if you are referring to the update to 3.5.x generally (ie 3.5 or later) – or did this start happening after moving from 3.5 to 3.5.1? I definitely appreciate this must be frustrating and we’d love to help you resolve it if we can.

Am I also correct in thinking it is not an ongoing problem, ie you do still have a lot of cleanup work to do but that no further duplicates are being generated?

markrudio
    Participant

I am also having this issue, apparently since the most recent update. Wtf? I don’t want to have to check this stuff after every update, much less spend hours fixing it. Can you please propose a solution?

Barry

I can definitely appreciate your frustration – and we certainly don’t want you to experience difficulties every time you update, far from it. To help you though we’re going to need information to build a picture of what’s happening.

• What versions did you upgrade from and to?
    • Is this problem ongoing in the sense that duplicates are still be generated, or is the problem now essentially one of cleaning things up?
    markrudio
    Participant

One of the reasons I bought the paid version was for the recurring event functionality and the thought I wou;dn’t always have to look at everything to make sure it was working as planned- so to answer your question I assume the most recent updgrade from the one previous. You send out an upgrade, I click it, and assume it will work, not cause me literally hours of cleaning up what’s already taken me hours to create.I have no idea if they are still being generated- I’m starting from the end and working my way toward the current time. There are now 6 or more duplicates of events on each each day I need to delete.

markrudio
    Participant

I just deleted 761 duplicated events. Thank you for that!

Cliff
    Participant

I’m seeing this issue running 3.5.1 versions of the standard and Pro plugins.

Cliff
    Participant

A change in event recurrence (we think) caused the event to replicate over 300 times, and they also didn’t want to be deleted. I’m having to go in through the database now.

The event slugs are coming out looking like event-name-2014-09-01-2014-09-01-3-2014-09-01-2014-09-01-2014-09-01-2014-09-01-2014-09-01-2014-09-01-2014-09-01-2014-09-01-2014-09-01-2014-09-01-2014-09-01-2014-09-01-2014-09-01-2014-09-0-95

irishrunner16
    Participant

Same issue. Commenting to receive notification of new replies.

loakine
    Participant

I also would like to see an update on this….

jebs38
    Participant

Also seeing these issues on my test site. I cannot afford to upgrade and get the mobile responsive calendar view goodies before this is fixed.

Barry

Everyone – we’re sorry for the inconvenience here and are investigating the root of this issue, please bear with us a little longer and of course we’ll post back here with updates as soon as we’ve got something substantive to report back.

Barry

Can I also ask that if you are seeing duplicate recurring events in the admin environment you try clearing the filters (in the Filters & Columns box right above the list of events) and see if that resolves things – it might provide some temporary relief here, depending on your individual situation.

Cliff
    Participant

Barry, I still saw them even after clearing filters.

So far, the fix for us has been to edit the event, add something like a space at the end of the content, and save again. The issue is having to hunt them down and do that for each one.

markrudio
    Participant

I deleted the duplicates from the monthly view, but they are still showing up when I click on “view all.” I’m not sure how to delete them from there without going through each one. There are probably hundreds, if the numbers match what I deleted from the montly view. Btw, I used edit all in the dashboard for that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events showing multiple times since update’ is closed to new replies.