Recurring events status bug?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Recurring events status bug?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jlpeifer

On your demo site I created an event that recurs every year. I believe I completed the new event screen properly (can’t show you a screen shot because I can’t post images here). When I went back to the “My Events” screen I noticed that the “Recurring?” status for my event displayed as “No”. Is this a bug or did I not complete the form correctly? Sorry to bother you with this minutia, but prior to purchasing The Events Calendar I need to know that this won’t present some sort of problem.

The event I posted (in case you care to review it on your demo site) was “Thanksgiving in June” recurring every fourth Monday of June, forever.

Leah

HiĀ jlpeifer,

Thank you for posting! I’m glad you did, because you ran into a settings issue with our demo site and a bug!

The good news is that for your purposes, this won’t be a problem. The problem was that we have a setting on the backend of the site which dictates how far in advance to actually make a recurring event instance (like this). We had it set at 12 months so the site was only making one instance, which then registered as not recurring. If you make that setting longer- like 24 months- then the second instance of the event would have been created, and it would have shown as recurring. Please feel free to repeat your test event- it should work now that the setting is changed.

The actual bug is that even if that second recurrence instance hasn’t been created because of the setting, it should still register as Recurring. I’ve ticketed that to be fixed, but handily the setting change should work around it for all but the most extreme circumstances.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Thank you again for discovering this!

Best,

Leah

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and update you on the status of this issue. We are working on a fix, but we were not able to include it in our upcoming release (3.7). Correcting this problem is still important to us and we hope to have a fix done for a future maintenance release. We will do our best to keep you updated here on our progress. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work on this.

Best,
    Leah

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we were able to work on this issue for our upcoming 3.8 release. Keep an eye out on your site for an update announcement! If you update and are still seeing this problem, please post a new thread so we can check it out. Thank you for your patience while we got this fix in place.

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events status bug?’ is closed to new replies.