Recurring Events TIMES Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events TIMES Error

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joel
    Participant

Hello!
    I started a thread a couple weeks ago about this issue and was taken away from dealing with it for a while and then was informed to begin a new thread, because the other one was closed.
    Here is the original thread – https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/recurring-events-times-error/#post-367171 – and I have recently tried testing for conflicts…

Upon reverting to the 2012 theme and deactivating all plugins the problem ceased and then when I reverted back to my current theme the problem happened again. Since I have already tried deactivating each plugin one by one and nothing changed, it seems that it is a theme issue.

Other than getting a new theme (which I am considering) is there any way to trouble shoot this. I am not familiar with code, so i’m not quite sure where to go from here.

Thank-you so much for the help! It is very much appreciated!

Joel
    Participant

I should also stated that I found a way to trick it into working by create the recurring event in the 2012 theme and then reverting to my original one. It doesn’t work when I create the recurring event from my current theme.

Barry

I’m sorry you’re facing difficulties.

Just to confirm, is this the theme you are using? Would you be able to provide a copy (by uploading it to Dropbox or even your WP site and sharing the link via private reply)?

I can’t guarantee anything, but we could probably take a quick look and see if anything obvious jumps out – do note though there might be a longer delay than normal as we don’t ordinarily do this step 🙂

Thanks!

Joel
    Participant

This reply is private.

Joel
    Participant

And yes, that is my theme.

Barry

Thanks for sharing!

So your theme modifies the default timezone setting and that is resulting in this problem – the code in question lives in _framework/initial-load.php (the getTimezoneByOffset() function).

I’m not honestly sure why that is required since WordPress itself ordinarily takes care of managing date/time settings – but could you enquire with the theme author and perhaps ask if there is a way to cleanly turn this feature off?

Thanks!

Joel
    Participant

Thank-you for looking at it. I have sent a support ticket to the author of the theme, but he most likely won’t get back to until after the weekend. It may take a little bit, but I will let you know what he tells me when he gets back to me.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me with this!

Barry

Happy to help 🙂

Let’s leave this topic open in that case and hopefully there is some good news “in the mail”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events TIMES Error’ is closed to new replies.