Remove "News from Tribe" in dashboard

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove "News from Tribe" in dashboard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant

Hello,

As much as I would love to read this – I don’t think it is relevant for non administrators to see it.

There has been discussions and solutions in the forum regarding this in the past – and I have tried them – but I don’t think it works with the current WP/Tribe versions.

Can you advise and maybe update the script so non-admins don’t see it (and then the whole problem will probably go away.) 🙂

Thanks.

Glenn.
    (Also on a side note – pressing tab to move between fields when completing this form makes it disappear at the end. Frustrating when you type half of a novel. Although clicking “Start a New Discussion” does bring it back again. Just FYI in case you are able to do something about it.)

Barry

Hi Glenn,

The easiest way to remove this for users who’d rather not see it is simply to make use of the Screen Options tab (and uncheck News from Modern Tribe).

Would that work here?

Also on a side note – pressing tab to move between fields when completing this form makes it disappear at the end. Frustrating when you type half of a novel. Although clicking “Start a New Discussion” does bring it back again. Just FYI in case you are able to do something about it.

Sorry for the difficulties – we’re actually rebuilding the forums and a great deal more (sign up to be kept in the loop about this upcoming change!) and so hopefully it will soon be a moot point.

Thanks again!

Glenn
    Participant

I thought that would be just for my instance but it seems to remove it from the other accounts also…

Thanks

Glenn.

Barry

Hmm – I would have thought so, too, which is generally great as it puts the choice in the hands of individual users.

If you do need to enforce this “across the board” (though, for whatever reason, this seems to be resolved without needing anything else in place) you could alternatively add this to your site’s wp-config.php file:

define( 'TRIBE_HIDE_UPSELL', true );

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove "News from Tribe" in dashboard’ is closed to new replies.