Remove Organizers

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove Organizers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

My searched drove me to a very old answer with unpdated advices, so I ask it one more time :
    How to remove the organizer from events displays ?

Problem is double :
    1) people who inform events on facebook dont really inform it well and no one really cares about it
    2) it generates lot of 404 when I update the organizers list

So how to completely remove it from single events and events lists, events archives etc.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I can try to help you out here, but Organizers along with Venues are connected throughout the plugin so there is no simple off switch.

The easiest option is to move the templates from the /views/ directory of the Events Calendar Pro and The Event Calendar following our themer’s guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

Once moved you could edit the templates and remove any instance of the organizer you would like to get rid of.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Ben
    Participant

Ok in this case I will proceed like that, it was the plan B.

Do you have in mind the line where it appears on both view files ?

(there is one file for event calendar and one for event calendar pro right ?

Brian
    Keymaster

The single event template is all in the The Events Calendar, so no need to look for edits in both.

This template should get you started:

\the-events-calendar\views\modules\meta.php

It has a reference to the organizer template that you can remove that you can remove or comment out.

Single Organizer
    Pro does have the single organizer template:

\events-calendar-pro\views\pro\single-organizer.php

You may want to add a redirect from there to the main event calendar.

That is the main spots. There maybe views that show organizer links if they find an organizer so you may have to search and find those if you would like to remove them, but they may not show if you do not have any organizers.

This should get you close to what you are looking for so you can take it from here to get it exactly how you would like.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions, but this is about it on what we can provide for a customization.

Thanks

Ben
    Participant

I think this is done 🙂

By the way I have erase all organizers, they were added by facebook importer, and redirect 301 the /organizer/ to the calendar.

Thanks for your help

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad it helps, I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need any other on something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove Organizers’ is closed to new replies.