Removing event title from photo & list view?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Removing event title from photo & list view?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    raceink
    Participant

Hello. I am trying to figure out how to delete the annoying extra title heading appearing at the top of my events page only while in photo or list view modes. Perhaps this has been answered somewhere but I cannot seem to find it.

Here is a link to my page: http://race-ink.com/events/

Thank you!

Barry

Hi!

Can you try this possible solution in the first instance and see if that helps? If it doesn’t just let me know and we can think about other strategies here 🙂

Thanks!

raceink
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    I inserted the line of code but it’s still showing the extra heading. It’s only showing on the photo and list view for some reason…

Thanks!

Barry

Hmm, strange.

I think in this case then you’ll potentially need to tweak your theme to workaround this. The basis of such a change would be to find the code (possibly in header.php) that outputs the page title and modify it, checking to see if photo or list view has been loaded and displaying nothing if so – a bit like this:

if ( tribe_is_list_view() || tribe_is_photo() ) echo '';
    else echo $title;

(Where the second line basically is a placeholder for your theme’s own logic used to display the title.)

There are other strategies you might use, but not being familiar with your theme I’d probably recommend the above as a starting point – your theme’s author can probably direct you to the correct place to use the above code if you are unsure.

I hope that helps 🙂

raceink
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Okay here is my header.php info for the title…

<head>
    <title><?php if ( is_category() ) {
    echo theme_locals(“category_for”).” "”; single_cat_title(); echo ‘" | ‘; bloginfo( ‘name’ );
    } elseif ( is_tag() ) {
    echo theme_locals(“tag_for”).” "”; single_tag_title(); echo ‘" | ‘; bloginfo( ‘name’ );
    } elseif ( is_archive() ) {
    wp_title(”); echo ” “.theme_locals(“archive”).” | “; bloginfo( ‘name’ );
    } elseif ( is_search() ) {
    echo theme_locals(“fearch_for”).” "”.esc_html($s).’" | ‘; bloginfo( ‘name’ );
    } elseif ( is_home() || is_front_page()) {
    bloginfo( ‘name’ ); echo ‘ | ‘; bloginfo( ‘description’ );
    } elseif ( is_404() ) {
    echo theme_locals(“error_404″).” | “; bloginfo( ‘name’ );
    } elseif ( is_single() ) {
    wp_title(”);
    } else {
    wp_title( ‘ | ‘, true, ‘right’ ); bloginfo( ‘name’ );
    } ?></title>

Are you asking me to find the code you listed, or to insert it? Sorry!

Barry

I’m not sure that is the correct piece of code – that looks like the section that prints the title in the sense of the title tag that displays in your browser tab/top of the browser window, whereas we’re looking for a title that displays within the page itself.

The code you’re looking for probably lies some point after the opening <body> tag.

Does that help at all?

raceink
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Okay it makes sense in theory but I am running a child theme as well. I am not so sure it’s the theme causing the problem? This code is at the bottom of the header.php file that lists an opening body tag:

</script>
    </head>

<body <?php body_class(); ?>>
    <div id=”motopress-main” class=”main-holder”>
    <!–Begin #motopress-main–>
    <header class=”motopress-wrapper header”>
    <div class=”container”>
    <div class=”row”>
    <div class=”span12″ data-motopress-wrapper-file=”wrapper/wrapper-header.php” data-motopress-wrapper-type=”header” data-motopress-id=”<?php echo uniqid() ?>”>
    <?php get_template_part(‘wrapper/wrapper-header’); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </header>

raceink
    Participant

Hi Barry! After viewing the source file from the photo view on my browser, I was able to find the page causing the error: static_title.php

<?php /* Static Name: Title */ ?>
    <?php get_template_part(‘title’); ?>

Removing the last line fixed the problem… but hopefully it doesn’t cause other problems!

Thank you for your help.

Barry

Glad you found it!

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but definitely feel free to open a new one if we might be able to help with anything else.

Thanks again 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing event title from photo & list view?’ is closed to new replies.