Reoccuring events displaying more than once per occurance after 3.5.1 update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Reoccuring events displaying more than once per occurance after 3.5.1 update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bethany
    Participant

I updated The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar Pro, and The Events Calendar: Community Submission plugins to 3.5 & 3.5.1 late last week. I love the new mobile responsive design, but immediately I noticed that one of my reoccurring events had republished as a new reoccurring event that was incorrect and showing up on every page. I was able to delete that event.

Now I’m noticing that my reoccurring events are appearing 3 times per occurrence. These are the exact same events but are just showing up multiple times.

Is anyone else experiencing this? and is there anything that I can do to fix it?

Bethany
    Participant

Here’s a url to the calendar page where you can see the duplicate events: http://kiddingaroundgreenville.com/events/2014-04-14/

telluridelibrary
    Participant

I’m having this issue too. Just noticed there were about 50 recurrences of a single event, all scheduled for 10/11/14. Definitely would like a quick fix since having 50 events looks a little goofy on the homepage. Thanks!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy guys,

Unfortunately I think you guys are experiencing a bug that results when you upgrade from 3.4 to 3.5 that happens on some servers. 🙁 This can be fixed by directly upgrading from 3.4 to 3.5.1. If you do have a database backup from before you upgraded to 3.5, the easiest solution might be to restore that backup, and then upgrade to 3.5.1 one directly. You might notice the server timeout a time or more when you first try and login to WP Admin after the update, but keep refreshing the page if it times out and eventually you will login. Basically what is happening is that we are running an update behind the scenes that makes recurring events faster and more powerful. However, on some servers with limited resources this update timesout, and in version 3.5 it created duplicate events. Hence why I recommend upgrading right to 3.5.1.

If you do not have a backup, then make sure you are on version 3.5.1. You will have to go through and manually delete all of the duplicate events. This might even be easier than the Database restore, depending on your setup.

<span style=”font-size: small;”>telluridelibrary, did the above steps help fix this for you? If not, would you mind opening a new topic and in your own words detailing the problem? Having one topic per customer helps us guarantee that we are addressing your problem specifically, and not missing any </span>subtleties<span style=”font-size: small;”> that might make your issue unique. It also helps us respond to you faster. Thanks!</span>

Let me know if that works for you kiddingaroundgreenville. Thanks!

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Reoccuring events displaying more than once per occurance after 3.5.1 update’ is closed to new replies.