Rephrase the term "event"?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Rephrase the term "event"?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Larry

Would it be possible to rephrase the word “Event” in front-end presentations of the plugin? I’d be presenting various “classes” and would like to present, for example ” Upcoming Classes” rather than “Upcoming Events”. Thanks.

Hi!

Thanks for reaching out to us. Currently there is no single filter that exists to modify the term “Events” into another term “Classes”. To make this modification would require some work from your end. To get a feel for the effort required to make the changes I’d suggest downloading our free The Events Calendar plugin.

Once installed you can utilize our Themer’s Guide to see how to customize the different templates, and you could also try the methods outlined in this post for modifying the various string in The Events Calendar which includes Events.

I’ve also put together a snippet that you can place in your Functions file that starts you off on converting the term to Classes.

I hope this information gives you a base understanding of what is required to convert “Event” to “Class”. Unfortunately at this time we don’t have a setting to allow users to quickly modify the term.

Hi I see that you marked this thread answered. I’m glad me were able to answer your questions. Please let us know if there are any other questions you have on The Events Calendar or our plugins.

– Matthew

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and update you on the status of this issue. We are working on a fix, but we were not able to include it in our upcoming release (3.7). Correcting this problem is still important to us and we hope to have a fix done for a future maintenance release. We will do our best to keep you updated here on our progress. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work on this.

Best,
    Leah

Leah

Hi there,

Thank you for your support and patience while we worked on this issue. We are happy announce that we have incorporated a fix into our upcoming 3.10 release. Keep an eye out for a release announcement on our site and for updates available on your WordPress dashboard.

While we have thoroughly tested this release and are confident of its quality, it is impossible to account for every edge case in the wide world of WordPress. If you run into trouble with the new version or you don’t see your reported issue corrected, please start a new thread and we will be happy to work with you.

Thanks again for your patience here. We’re excited to get this version out the door and into your hands!

Best,
    The Events Calendar Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Rephrase the term "event"?’ is closed to new replies.