Rss time showing incorrectly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Rss time showing incorrectly

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mary Mann
    Participant

Hey,
    My issue is the same one mentioned in this thread:
    https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/rss-feed-time-showing-incorrectly/

However, the solution provided in that thread gives me this error when I visit my rss feed:
    “error on line 25 at column 12: Extra content at the end of the document”

When I view the source, I see that line 25 is < pubDate >.

Any suggestions?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry the solution is creating another error for you.

I took a look at your site and the main feed plus the events feed and could not find an error.

So can you provide the link you are using to check your feed. I would like to take a look and then I should have some suggestions for you after that.

You can provide that link as a private reply if you like.

Thanks

mjinchoe
    Participant

I am having similar problem with my rss feed and event times (working on a test version of site so I can send url if you like). When I put the filter code from https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/rss-feed-time-showing-incorrectly/ into my functions file, the rss dies when it gets to the first event’s time indicating some sort of error with the filter code or code conflict. The rss shows <pubDate>Fri, 26 Sep 2014 09:00:00 +0000</pubDate> but it displays as 2:00AM.

mjinchoe
    Participant

btw, our test version we are working on which uses the latest version of the event calendar is at the subdomain “test” at our url.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi mjinchoe,

I looked at the feed and with the site being password protected I could not troubleshoot the error.

What are your timezone settings in the WordPress->Settings set too?

Also please follow our testing for conflicts guide and see if that resolves or finds the source of the error.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/testing-for-conflicts/

When you have something new can you please create a new ticket and reference this one. It is better for us to solve one person at a time in the ticket since it looks like your issue is a little different then katzgrau.

Either way we will help put. 🙂

Thanks

mjinchoe
    Participant

The times on the website and in the WP event admin are correct but the time showing in the <pubDate> of the RSS feed does not show the adjustment for timezone. It shows the event date as the publication date which is great and the right time of 09:00:00 but the time is not adjusted for time zone. The first event for “Gymnastics” has a <pubDate>Fri, 26 Sep 2014 09:00:00 +0000</pubDate> which makes it show as 2:00am on the feed. I double checked the timezone setting in the WP admin and it is set to UTC-7.

The site is password protected but the feed is not. I will private reply with the event feed url. I tried switching the theme with no change but I cannot deactivate other plugins until later today after a client review of various updates.

mjinchoe
    Participant

This reply is private.

mjinchoe
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Yes please once you have done your Conflict Test please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks

mjinchoe
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

katzgrau,

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Rss time showing incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.