Run/walk race calendar

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Run/walk race calendar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Stallings

I’m using WordPress to create a new site for my parents’ running store. The theme I’m using addresses most of the site’s needs, but I’ve been unable to come up with a solution for the race calendar. For all its flaws, their current race calendar (www.pacersandracers.com/racecalendar.htm) actually handles user-submission and event display in a decent way.

The Modern Tribe plugins come close to handling this race calendar, but I have a couple concerns:

(1) Users will need to be able to upload pdfs when creating a new event. These races often lack interactive race registration forms, so pdfs are out best option.

(2) Each event in the event list is quite tall. Ideally, I’d like to keep the event details to one line (which could then be clicked on to get more details). Some months will have 30+ races listed, and this can quickly become quite tedious to scroll through (especially on a mobile device).

Could you help me modify/enhance these plugins to address my two concerns? If so, what would the cost be? If not, could you recommend another solution?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello thanks for the interest in our plugins.

Please see below for answers to your questions:

(1) Users will need to be able to upload pdfs when creating a new event. These races often lack interactive race registration forms, so pdfs are out best option.

Our current features do not support a file upload with the Community Events Add On. If users create events from the backend permissions could be setup to do this, but setting that up is beyond the support we can give.

(2) Each event in the event list is quite tall. Ideally, I’d like to keep the event details to one line (which could then be clicked on to get more details). Some months will have 30+ races listed, and this can quickly become quite tedious to scroll through (especially on a mobile device).

This is possible, but with take following our Themer’s Guide to make modifications to the templates.

Could you help me modify/enhance these plugins to address my two concerns? If so, what would the cost be? If not, could you recommend another solution?

Unfortunately, we do not do any custom modifications for the plugin, we do have a list of developers that maybe to help you out. You can get that list by emailing us at pro(at)tri.be

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Run/walk race calendar’ is closed to new replies.