Same issue, submit form not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Same issue, submit form not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Angela McFarland
    Participant

How do I locate a previous thread? I’m having the same exact problem as I did not long ago…the submission form doesn’t work, link goes to some weird HTML screen and I can’t remember what the issue was

Angela McFarland
    Participant

I found the thread, now I’m bugged. I’ve cleared caches and the submission form isn’t working in Chrome or IE.

Casey
    Participant

ballstonjournal,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Could you try testing for conflicts and let me know what you discover? I suspect that this might be an issue related to your theme or a plugin conflict, but want to confirm before troubleshooting further.

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Angela McFarland
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

ballstonjournal,
    While I definitely understand your frustration here, we need to have a baseline for troubleshooting issues like these, since every user is running the plugin in a different environment (different hosting, themes, plugins installed, etc). Having a baseline for testing like this helps us to narrow down the issue, and find out where the underlying problem lies. For a more thorough explanation on our support process, and our baseline for testing, read more here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/read-this-an-important-note-on-plugintheme-deactivation/

Hopefully that helps to clear up any confusion, and just let me know what I can do to help further here. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Angela McFarland
    Participant

I just played around with it for about an hour and it’s pretty much worse now than before. I shut off half the plug-ins and it did the same thing. I deactivated the plugin itself and reactivated it and now it’s basically just showing a page with no graphics. It *may* be the plugin itself?

Casey
    Participant

I just played around with it for about an hour and it’s pretty much worse now than before.

Could you outline some of the steps that you performed? Were you ever able to test for conflicts as I suggested above?

I deactivated the plugin itself and reactivated it and now it’s basically just showing a page with no graphics. It *may* be the plugin itself?

Could you give me a bit more information on what page you were trying to access? I’m seeing the calendar and submission form display without any issues on the front-end of your site: http://theballstonjournal.com/events/

If you could give me some more information, that will help me to try to track down the issue you’re having here. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

-Casey-

Angela McFarland
    Participant

We’ve just completed turning off and on all plug-ins. No conflict. Have there been other issues related to the plug-in itself with WP 4.0?

Casey
    Participant

ballstonjournal,
    This is a very odd issue indeed! I was just able to successfully submit an event using the Community Submission form on your site (screenshot). Can you verify that this issue is still present? If so, can you give me a step-by-step description of the actions you’re taking so I can try to reproduce this issue?

Thanks for your patience, while we try to figure out the root cause of this issue!

Angela McFarland
    Participant

Where can I send you back a screen shot?

Casey
    Participant

If you’re using chrome, this extension is a really good screenshot capture tool, and it offers a way to temporarily host your screenshots to share a URL.

Alternatively, there are other services like CloudApp or Dropbox that allow you to easily share files & images with a URL.

Try giving one of those a try. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Angela McFarland
    Participant

Link pasted below of 2 images, a fresh complaint so you can see the description from the customer…they are all the same; and a screen shot of what my team sees when they try to access…we’ve tried different browsers…all the same.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tzmtx15m1ywkbx/ModernTribe.docx?dl=0

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Same issue, submit form not working’ is closed to new replies.