Second click of "FIND EVENTS" error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Second click of "FIND EVENTS" error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    yhavusha
    Participant

Hi there,
    When i click once on the “FIND EVENTS” button (bar) i get the right search results but:
    – the “View As” dropdown is disappearing.
    – the “date” textbox calendar popup is not showing.
    Second click on the “FIND EVENTS” takes me to the website homepage.

I guess this is Jquery related but not sure.
    I’m using BetterMag theme.

Please advise

Barry

Hi yhavusha,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties.

• Have you been able to try out our standard troubleshooting/conflict test steps?
    • You provided a URL when you opened this thread but when I visit that site I can’t find your main events page (in fact, it doesn’t actually look like a WordPress-powered website) so I can’t look for any clues on the page itself … can you confirm if that is the correct URL?

Thanks!

yhavusha
    Participant

This reply is private.

yhavusha
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks!

I can certainly see the problem now I have access – but this is very much atypical behaviour and, honestly, I’m really struggling to imagine this is anything other than a conflict (though naturally it’s still a possibility that there is a bug somewhere).

Is this a test site and if so can you deactivate all other plugins and switch to a default theme (just like you did when following the troubleshooting steps) and let me know before you reactivate anything so I can take another look at that point, just to help me zero in on the possible cause?

Alternatively, if you cannot do those steps on this site, do you have a test site (or can you create one, perhaps in a subdirectory) and do that there?

I do for instance see type errors and other JS issues that are not being generated by our plugin – so seeing things in action without other components in place would help me to track down the source of the problem.

yhavusha
    Participant

This reply is private.

yhavusha
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

We’re always happy to help but try to avoid operating directly on users’ sites unless it’s really necessary.

Is there a reason you can’t go ahead and deactivate all other plugins by yourself? It’s normally only a matter of checking off a few boxes in the plugin admin screen and choosing to deactivate them (and switching to a default theme is, similarly, pretty straightforward).

Is anything in particular about this process causing confusion that I could help to clarify in the first instance?

yhavusha
    Participant

This reply is private.

yhavusha
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi – I’m not sure if I missed the window of opportunity there but that doesn’t seem to be a default theme. As it’s a test site, is there any chance you can leave it in a default state for just a little longer?

yhavusha
    Participant

This reply is private.

yhavusha
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Appreciated!

Can you confirm that you have also removed any customizations/custom template overrides? I may not have been explicit about that, but when switching to a default theme we’re really asking that you switch to a clean, unmodified copy.

Right now I see various comments in the HTML source that I’m assuming are either:

• The result of custom code making use of various filters/actions throughout our plugin
    • Or, they have been added via template overrides
    • Or, the core plugin itself has been modified

Can you confirm if that might be the case and ensure our plugins are restored to a default state / disable or temporarily remove any template overrides / disable any other custom code (whichever of those are appropriate)?

Just for clarity, here’s an example of the sorts of comments I am seeing:

Nave note => change page title style to the BetterMag theme style

I wouldn’t expect to see those on a clean installation running an unmodified, default theme and pristine copies of our plugins.

Thanks!

yhavusha
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Second click of "FIND EVENTS" error’ is closed to new replies.