Seems a default has taken over every event in Pro Calendar? Or something…

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Seems a default has taken over every event in Pro Calendar? Or something…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rallygoddess
    Participant

In photo view, the events are properly shown with their logo/photo and start of the description, yet when I click any of them for more info — the Bear Paw logo/event name/date/time show as “seemingly” a default; it does carry across all categories in my trouble shooting. The remainder of the page has the proper description (for that event clicked on in photo view) and the info in the box below (web/contact/etc.) is correct as well. They just have that header/logo of that Bear Paw event instead of their own event name/date/time.

I have gone through forum for someone else who “clicked a wrong box somewhere” solution to no avail. I have reviewed my settings to see where I went wrong. Hopefully you will see what I am not able to resolve; I’m learning quickly, yet am no webarroni guru by any means! I am confident it is a simple setting I am overlooking…yet HELP!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy rallygoddess,

That is no good! This might be a symptom of your theme not being 100% compatible with The Events Calendar. Perhaps the heading/image are outside of the traditional loop. To test this, could you try temporarily activating the default Twenty Thirteen theme, and seeing if the issue persists.

If disabling the theme fixes it: we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict. Do you feel comfortable making modifications to your theme? You should try following the WP Theme design guidelines regarding putting your calls to the_title and featured image within the loop. You can even create a second Page Template for this, and select is in WP Admin > Events > Settings > Display “Events Template”.

If the issue persists in the default Twenty Thirteen theme: then we have a different set of debugging steps. Please keep the Twenty Thirteen theme enabled, and also disable any plugins other than the ones from Modern Tribe to see if that fixes it. If it does, please try reenabling the plugins one at a time until the issue resurfaces. When it does resurface, can you let me know which plugin caused that to happen?

Please let me know the result, or if you have any questions. Cheers!

– Brook

rallygoddess
    Participant

Brook, Having read for over 120 minutes trying to find a solution in the forum, I know you ask for theme issues as a default. I should have written that I am using this theme with NO issues, and that is why I wrote in — I was hoping someone familiar with the CalendarPro might know of a setting that alters appearance that might be causing this. It is displays FINE in photo and list mode — it is ONLY when one clicks “more info” that it pulls image/venue/date/time incorrectly. I have checked and have no defaults set for venue/image so that is not it…need someone familiar with settings on ProCalendar. The URL alaskaracenews.com should you wish to see and then post “got it”…it is the “x” setting, ah!

Brook
    Participant

I do hope that we can help you rallygoddess. Thank you for confirming that it is the theme. That is handy information, with it I was able to research a possible solution. Here is someone with basically the same issue, though you will not the description differs some I believe the root cause is the same.

The fix was simple enough if you do not mind dropping a line of code in your header.php. Of course, before doing that it is strongly recommended you create a Child Theme if you have not done so already. The line of code is: <?php wp_reset_postdata(); ?> You should put that right after your news ticker if possible, likely inside of your theme’s header.php. Did that fix it?

One setting change you could try is going into Wp Admin > Events > Settings > Display, and changing the Events template. Try out all of the templates, and test them to see if one or more of them fixes this. It is possible that none of them will, but it is worth a shot.

Finally, if you can disable your theme’s news ticker that might fix it too. Is there an option in there?

Let me know the result if you do not mind. That way I can share it with future users. Thanks again for posting, and taking all that time to research the issue. I hope the fix is not at hand. 🙂

– Brook

rallygoddess
    Participant

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 3:09 PM PDT, Cheryl Babbe <[email protected]> wrote:
    Hey Tribe, we are still experiencing errors with the plug-in –

I had written initially that perhaps there is a setting that is causing the error on http://www.alaskaracenews.com, such that the events are listed correctly, yet when clicked upon and opened in their own page — the logo for MSSRA logo is at the top of ALL listings.

The reason I suggested it was a “setting” is because I also use the Events Calendar Pro with MaxMag-WP Template at http://www.comeroadrallywith.us and don’t have the issue.

We left time.ly cause you guess were dedicated vs. part-time working on the plugin. I am not a programmer, wordpressian, or geek (contrary to friends and family who believe I am) – I didn’t go in and make the change below, as I hoped the 3.7 that came out at the end of July would resolve this bug.

Alas, we are still stymied by this matter on http://www.alaskaracenews.com. Devasted that we have not been able to pursue our dream of getting this volunteer calendar fully operational this summer and that has left the website well behind since June as well.

SO, how can we get this resolved. I went through and cut-n-pasted all the info from events into a database, and then REMOVED the plug-ins. Proving I am not a WordPressian Geek–yup!–you guessed it – when I reinstalled nothing changed as it appears the database is still there?!?

So, help us get this volunteer effort up and running and how we can get this working. I still believe in Tribe, yet we must get this resolved and working. Could it be a setting? Can I give you my password to go in and peek at something, ha!

Heading into meeting and anxiously await your reply…
    Safe travels,
    Cheryl Lynn
    [email protected]

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Cheryl (?),

I am going to assume that email is from you and that you have copied and pasted it here in case this response was faster. I am happy to assist again.

It sounds like you would appreciate some further information here. Assuming the above fix works, this is not really a bug and thus not something we can fix on our end. Rather, this is a conflict between a theme and a plugin, totally separate entities that you are trying to run side by side. It is like replacing a piece of furniture for your home. Sometimes it fits right in the old spot. Other times you have move to some of the other furniture to make it work. This is not a defect, it just needs to be integrated.

I totally understand if reading code is not in your skillset. Unfortunately there is not much I can do to help. Our support policy is pretty explicit. We will gladly assist you with guidance and even sometimes bits of code like the above, but it is up to you to actually apply this to your site, which in this case involves copying and pasting that code in the proper place. From the sound of it you are going to require a developer to do that for you since this is not your forte. I wish I knew of some one willing to volunteer their time. I know most of us devs have from time to time, especially when the cause is dear to us. Perhaps you could try contacting someone you know of who knows what your organization is all about? If all else fails, it is worth emailing [email protected] and requesting our list of developers. There are more than a couple on that list who specialize in small jobs like this and charge a fair price.

I do hope you understand! We often go over and above the bounds of our support policy in an effort to make our customers happy and fully fix their problems. But, when it comes to modifying your site for you I have to be fairly rigid. This is for a variety of reasons, not the least of which has to do with laws an liabilities.

– Brook

rallygoddess
    Participant

Hey Brook, Again, Tribe is not addressing the “why” this DOES NOT happen on http://www.comeroadrallywith.us calendar and DOES on http://www.alaskaracenews. They BOTH have MaxMag. They BOTH have EventsPRO calendar. That is why I still choose to believe there must be something that I have set differently in the calendar and was hoping that Tribe would know the “what” to troubleshoot a possible cause to what we’re seeing in their plug-in. Have you looked at either link or have you seen this frequently where the events have the large logo/different event name above all individual event links and understand what we are encountering?

As mentioned, I was willing to delete the plug-in and start fresh, yet removing the plug-in doesn’t appear to delete (or give option) to delete all related files. Did I miss something that would allow removal of Tribe from the site. I’m ready to start with fresh 3.7 and re-entry of venues/organizers/events. Can’t be dead in the water any longer, and we need to move forward.
    CL

Brook
    Participant

Tribe is not addressing the “why” this DOES NOT happen on http://www.comeroadrallywith.us calendar and DOES on http://www.alaskaracenews. They BOTH have MaxMag. They BOTH have EventsPRO calendar.

Ahh, good question. It very well could be a setting, but is likely a theme setting. There is really only one Events Calendar setting that I could picture making this difference. In WP Admin > Events > Settings look for the Template drop down. Is it set the same on both websites? If they are identical the most likely culprit is your MaxMag theme settings. I truly have no idea which one of those would apply here, I am not intimately familiar with that theme like I am for the plugins we support. You might just play around with them and see if one helps.

We are considering building an uninstall plugin for the future that would remove selected tribe settings and of course events from the site. In the mean time there is the 3rd party plugin Event Rocket. If you have disabled TEC it has a Cleanup Events option that removes almost everything TEC related from your database. You could try it if you suspect that it will help.

Did that help you fix this?

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Howdy,

Since this thread has gone for a while without any response, I am going to archive it. If you are still in need of assistance please open a new thread, we will be happy to help. Thanks!

– Brook

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Seems a default has taken over every event in Pro Calendar? Or something…’ is closed to new replies.