Selecting which categories show up in main event calendar view "/events/"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Selecting which categories show up in main event calendar view "/events/"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Hatch
    Participant

For some context, I have a client that has a calendar for ALL events set up at /events/. For their specialty events, they have a link to one of the categories in the events calendar. What they are hoping to accomplish is to remove the specialty events category from the main events calendar so that they only show up in the view for that category.

So, is it possible to remove that category from the main event loop? I’ve tried using CSS to display: none; the category listings, and that worked, but I still get a link that says “See all 4 events>>” because there are four specialty clinics for that day that are still being registered by the main event calendar.

Geoff

Hi there Jonathan, welcome to the forums! Thanks for getting in touch. 🙂

Excluding categories from the main event loop is certainly possible, though it will take some customization on your end to make it happen. You might be interested in our Themer’s Guide to override the month.php template and the arguments for the tribe_show_month function, which works a lot like WP_Query and accepts many of the same terms.

Does that make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, just checking in to see if there’s been any further update.

You may be interested in trying this snippet in your theme’s functions.php file to exclude certain categories from displaying in Month view.

Hopefully this helps. Please let me know if you need any further assistance on this one. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Jonathan! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new a new thread and we’ll help you out.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Selecting which categories show up in main event calendar view "/events/"’ is closed to new replies.