Selling Featured events listing

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Selling Featured events listing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pam Blizzard

My client wants to runs an events calendar using Events Calendar Pro on her culinary education site. She wants to be able to sell the ability for merchants to come list their classes events for free, or to upgrade and pay to have the event featured (home page, newsletter, etc).

Are there addons for purchasing the enhanced event already? If not I was thinking of using s2member and wp-types and CRED to sell access to the special registration form. But if it’s already been done, I don’t want to recreate the wheel. Thanks in advance for your input!

Leah

Hi Pam,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sounds like a very cool idea! Our Community Events add-on allows visitors to submit their own events to the calendar. However, there is not a built in feature to collect payment for that or to feature those events. It’s a popular feature request though, and one we are considering adding in the future.

For now, I think your best bet for your client is trying to customize something. We can’t help with big customizations like this, but we do have documentation to get you started. Good luck and thanks for using The Events Calendar! Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Best,

Leah

lara
    Participant

Can you have the option to do a featured event? Where a particular event will stay at the top of any listing and more prominent?

Leah

Hi lara,

We don’t have a “Featured Event” feature built in, although you might be able to do that with some customization. Events Calendar PRO does have a Countdown widget that would allow you to feature an event with a countdown in any widget area. You can see an example on our widgets page. Might that work for you?

Best,

Leah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Selling Featured events listing’ is closed to new replies.