Set some specific events as featured

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Set some specific events as featured

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    massound
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the great plugin and its addons which I just get them today. They are really amazing. Iā€™m very happy to start working with them and have some questions below:

1- Is it possible to set some specific events as featured which we can show them up on homepage or any page I want? If not, can you please kindly add this feature in your future update?

2- Is it possible to show the recent (submitting) events (not upcoming) on the page?

3- Is it possible to show the events for a specific date period?

4- Is it possible to charge users for submitting their event on frontend by using COMMUNITY EVENTS Addon or others?

Thanks a lots!

Best

Massound

Barry

Hi – great questions!

Please note though we normally like to stick to one issue per thread – but I’ll run through each question you raised in turn and try my best to answer them. If you need more detail or information on anything, though, it might be better to post fresh individual threads.

1- Is it possible to set some specific events as featured which we can show them up on homepage or any page I want? If not, can you please kindly add this feature in your future update?

Currently it is not, but you could certainly build a customization that retrieves all upcoming events from a specific category (“featured”) or tag … beyond that, we would certainly consider this as a feature request if you’d like to post one – or upvote any suitable existing requests šŸ™‚

2- Is it possible to show the recent (submitting) events (not upcoming) on the page?

Interesting! Definitely possible – again, it’s something you’d need to implement as a customization at this time – but please do consider submitting this as a feature request also.

3- Is it possible to show the events for a specific date period?

Again this is totally achievable as a customization. Also, though not officially supported here on the forums, this plugin provides an [event_embed] shortcode that lets you do pretty much just that:

[event_embed from="2014-06-01" to="2014-06-30"]

4- Is it possible to charge users for submitting their event on frontend by using COMMUNITY EVENTS Addon or others?

I don’t see why not, but you’d need to figure out the best way of implementing this for your specific use case, depending on whether it is subscription based, a flat fee per submission or some other criteria.

I hope that answers your questions šŸ™‚

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Set some specific events as featured’ is closed to new replies.