Show Featured Image on Events page?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Show Featured Image on Events page?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    akcorcoran
    Participant

I would like to show the featured image selected for that page (thee Events page) where the event list appears – It would need to be above the search/filter bar, obviously. Please let me know how to do that – I’ve selected one, but it does not appear.

And, once I add that, will that also be what appears on a single event page? Just trying to plan in advance – Thank you!

Here is the event page:

Brook
    Participant

Howdy akcorcoran,

I am happy to help walk you through that. In order to add a featured image to the events list page you are going to need to create a custom theme. If you are familiar with WP Theming then you could create a page template with a static featured image. Add the featured image directly before the content loop, and it will appear where you wanted it. If you only want it to appear on list pages, then you could wrap it in the following conditional:
    if(!is_single()){ //insert your image here }

You can also modify any aspect of our theme’s by following our themer’s guide. That would work good as well.

Did that answer your question? Please let me know if I can assist with clarifications or anything. Cheers!

– Brook

akcorcoran
    Participant

OK – so I’m sort of familiar here, but not the most comfortable when in the php – I looked in the themer’s guide, but isn’t there just a template for the Events Calendar Pro “list” page? Or you’re saying that is driven off of the regular theme templates? I’d like to use the line of code that uses the WordPress featured image instead of hard coding an image. It shows on every other page but the Events Calendar Pro is overruling the theme settings, regardless of what I have selected, so I though I’d be able to just add the line to call the featured image somewhere in the Event list page template/php? Thanks for the add’l help –

Brook
    Participant

Howdy akcorcoran,

Our calendar does not have its own page. It basically creates a virtual set of pages, for the categories, the various listings etc. There is not place where you can input a featured image for these pages. It has to be hard coded.

There is a template just for the list page. In the themer’s guide, under List View, it shows you all of them. It sounds like you are probably keen on “list.php”.

Please pardon my delayed response. That was an accident! I am happy to help provide you additional assistance. Hopefully that answered your questions. Please let me know if it did, or if there is anything more I can clarify. Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a spell without a response I am going to archive it. If you do need anything else please feel free to open a new topic. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Show Featured Image on Events page?’ is closed to new replies.