Showing more events in the widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Showing more events in the widget

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    theimageworks
    Participant

Hi,
    My Events widget is only showing 1 event even though I have set it to show a maximum of 3. It is the only event left in this month so I assume there is a setting somewhere that I can change to show the next 3 events regardless of whether it is this month or not?

I look forward to your response.
    Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hey sorry for the issues you are having.

Not sure what is causing this, but I can help troubleshoot this.

What are your settings for the widget?

Please include these fields values:

Number of events to show:
    Display:
    Add a filter:
    Hide this widget if there are no upcoming events:

Also, does it help if you delete the widget and add a new Upcoming Widget in its place?

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

theimageworks
    Participant

Sorry my bad, I was being stupid.

I was using the ‘events calender’ widget and had removed the actual calender. Obviously this only shows this months events until you click the arrow to show next months. With it being removed I could not see this.

I’ve swapped it out for the ‘events list’ widget and will simply style this to match the other one.

Apologies and thanks for you help.

Brian
    Keymaster

Great glad you foundĀ  a solution.

I actually have some coding that changes the List Widget to look like the Mini Calendar List.

It requires adding some css and modifying the list-widget.php file after you move it to your theme:

Here is the list-widget.php code you can drop in:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/83e59e6124cc87a54add

And then here is the css:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/634dabe18851e1cd7d90

Add that css to your theme’s stylesheet or through a plugin such as Simple Custom CSS.

Consider this a beta as there maybe issues with styling, but let me know and I can see about tweaking it.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

theimageworks
    Participant

You sir are awesome!

That worked great, just a couple of css tweaks but other than that it’s spot on. Thank you again.

Brian
    Keymaster

Great glad it helps.

If you get a chance could you let me know the css tweaks you made so I could see about incorporating them into the snippet and then eventually a guide to do this.

Thanks

theimageworks
    Participant

I chose to only display the ‘city’ within the widget but this was too close to the date so needed spacing out. I just used this CSS

div.tribe-events-event-details {
    margin-top: 5px;
    }

Other CSS changes I made was to the font size & colour to fit the style of other elements in the website footer.

Hope this helps!

theimageworks
    Participant

Just for yours/anyone else’s reference here is a screenshot of the finished result:

https://www.uploady.com/#!/download/YKAQqIKC8hV/7BV_isXiDXFknvCL

Brian
    Keymaster

Great thanks for providing the information.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Showing more events in the widget’ is closed to new replies.