Sidebars is missing in single event, list and in calendar.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Sidebars is missing in single event, list and in calendar.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    prebenjensen
    Participant

If I use standard template the sidebar i showing, but comments are not, if I use standard event template the sidebar i empty. I use woo Canvas theme. one of the most commen themes.

Geoff

Hi there, Preben! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome back to the forums. 🙂

Good question. By default, the “Default Events Template” does not include a sidebar or comments. However, you can turn comments on by heading over to Events > Settings and checking the box to “Show Comments” in the “General Settings” section.

If you select “Default Page Template” then the calendar will use you theme’s page.php file instead. You may have a sidebar in there, which is great. However, if you do not have comments in there, it likely means the theme template file doesn’t include it and you may need to add it. There is more on this in the WordPress Codex.

Alternatively, you can customize the “Default Events Template” by overriding it in your theme and adding a sidebar to it. You can learn more about creating custom calendar templates in our Themer’s Guide.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

prebenjensen
    Participant

Hi. the comments is on in the settings, that is not the problem. The comments are showing fine under the event. In canvas you can have sidebars all over the site. one on right side and one left side. The only plugin that does not support this on my site is the event calendar. Something is missing in the standard event template.
    Here is a examble with sidebars http://mcikast.dk/members/
    Here is an event without sidebars http://mcikast.dk/event/tyskland-2015/
    It is only with events we have this issue.

I have seen this issue from other people.

We all really would like a solution that we can understand.
    Thanks
    El’prebsi

Geoff

Hi there, Preben. Thanks for following up.

Correct, the “Default Events Template” will not display those sidebars right out of the box. If you would like to add registered sidebars to the template, you can override the Default Events Template to include them.

Our Themer’s Guide covers template overrides in thorough detail. In this case, you will make a copy of the single-event.php file (located in /plugins/the-events-calendar/views/) and add it to your theme files in a new directory called “tribe-events”.

Once the file is in there, you can customize it as needed. In this case, you can use the get_sidebar() function to include any sidebar needed in the template. There’s more on this function in the WordPress Codex.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Preben! Just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Preben! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebars is missing in single event, list and in calendar.’ is closed to new replies.