Site header/footer has disappeared

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Site header/footer has disappeared

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    debranettles
    Participant

I am using The Events Calendar with Community Events. I have just started working with this plugin and add-on so I am learning as I go. I am having difficulty getting the BWME header and footer to show with the calendar.
    I have full styles with Default Events Template selected. This is the only combo in which I can see the calendar (with no header and footer). If I change to Custom Template I get the header and footer but instead of the calendar this text is displayed.
    “There’s nothing here.
    If there were posts in the database, you’d be seeing them. Try creating a post, and see if that solves your problem.”

Please advise as my client is anxious to start using the calendar!

Thank You.
    Debra

Geoff

Howdy Dayla, thanks for getting in touch! Sorry you’re running into an issue with the custom template option, but let’s see if we can tackle it together. 🙂

Oftentimes, I see this sort of thing happen if the custom template is not set up to display posts. For example, the template might be set up to display page content instead and does not include a query for posts. That would certainly explain it.

One thing you could do is create a custom calendar page template based on the existing theme template you are trying to use. For that, I would suggest heading over to our Themer’s Guide for information on customizing the calendar templates, including an example of how it is done. The example is for the single-event.php template but you would follow the same steps for the template you would want to customize (e.g. month.php).

Another idea is to check out the Event Rocket plugin. It includes the ability to add a calendar to any page with a shortcode, which might also get you what you’re looking for. Just a heads up though that we don’t support that plugin, so please use with caution. 🙂

Does that make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Dayla!

Just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Dayla! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new a new thread and we’ll help you out.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Site header/footer has disappeared’ is closed to new replies.