Sort Events by Categories on One Page?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Sort Events by Categories on One Page?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jody

Hi,
    We would like to have a listing of our upcoming events sorted by type of event (Webinar, Speaking Engagement, etc.) on one page. We also want to include the past events since the Webinars and some of the Engagements are recorded and downloadable off other sites.

Would your product, or combination of products, allow this?

Thank you.

Jody

Sorry – forgot to include a sample of what we want to do:

Events

Geoff

Hi there Jody, thanks for getting in touch! By the way, I love the way you’ve integrated the calendar on your site. 🙂

You should check out our Filter Bar add on. This will allow visitors to display one category (among other filter options) at a time.

Also, each category already has a unique URL (e.g. [your-site]/events/category/[category-slug]), so you could link directly to specific category if you need to. No need for the Filter Bar to make that happen. 🙂

Does that answer your question? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Jody

No, that was not my question. We want to output the calendar as shown on the page: http://kikconsulting.com/events/

Two categories separated into columns on one page.

Are any of your products able to produce this?

Thanks.

Geoff

Ah, thanks for the clarification!

That’s not something that comes straight out of the box, but you could accomplish this by creating a new page template and lopping through the tribe_events posts type per category. Check out our complete documentation for all the classes and functions available to build custom layouts.

Let me know if that answers your question of being able to display two categories on the same page.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Sort Events by Categories on One Page?’ is closed to new replies.