Subscribe to Events from another site

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Subscribe to Events from another site

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nkeitht
    Participant

Hello,
    I have one master site where all of my events are stored. Is there a way for another site to subscribe / display those events?

Basically, I would like to have all events mastered in one place and the other sites can display the events as if each other site had an events calendar.

One thought is that it would be nice if I can expose the events as JSON so that the data can be re-used on other sites?
    Thank you

Josh
    Participant

Hey Keith,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I just checked out your site. I’ve never heard of Dragon Boating but it looks awesome!

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to create the type of scenario you’re describing with The Events Calendar where events from one site will automatically sync to another. If you would like, you can suggest that feature on our User Voice page.

In the meantime here are a couple of suggestions that I can offer:

1. <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>We do have an RSS feed that you could use to pull in some basic data from each event. It won’t be complete information or complete Events Calendar functionality but it could be useful.</span>
    2. You could set a routine where you export the events from one site and then import them into the second. This definitely isn’t automated but would give you complete functionality and data between the different sites.
    3. If you’re using multisite, you could attempt to have the events pull from the individual sites on a central parent site. I haven’t tried this but if you like I can see if anyone else on our support team has seen a similar situation.

Sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct answer but hopefully this will help get you in the right direction.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hello nkeitht,

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you. We like to close tickets after they’ve been inactive for a while. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Subscribe to Events from another site’ is closed to new replies.