Tags broken if Calendar is enabled

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Tags broken if Calendar is enabled

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daniele
    Participant

Hello there, we have a website with Calendar PRO and WPML. I know that WMPL isn’t officially supported, but I need a workaround on this scenario:

We have 2 languages on the site, and each language has its tag page like:
    http://www.oururl.com/tag/example (english)
    http://www.oururl.com/it/tag/example (italian)
    If the calendar is disabled, everything works fine. If I enable the calendar, the tag pages show 0 results. Another problem related to this: if the calendar is enabled, the wordpress search shows 0 results, if I disable the calendar also the search works fine in both languages. I tried to revert to the default theme, the problem persists.

Please give me some advices and tricks to make the results appear again!

Barry

You’re right that we can’t do too much with WPML at this time. Is it definitely an issue with that plugin, ie if you deactivate WPML and flush permalinks (by visiting the Permalinks Settings screen) is the problem also resolved that way?

Daniele
    Participant

Hello Barry, thank you for your reply. Effectively your workaround re-enables the tag and the search features, but unfortunately only on the english version. The italian version of the website shows 0 results for tag pages and normal search results page. Does it help in something?

Alternatively I was thinking: what about if I tell to Calendar Pro to don’t use the tags and don’t include in the search, basicly “hey Calendar Pro, don’t try to act on the tags and search results, but just stay in your world”. Do you think that a similar scenario could help me in fixing this situation? We are working for a customer website and we need to fix it asap.

Thank you for your help.

Barry

That’s a great idea (stopping The Events Calendar from working with tags) and if that would suit your needs you could certainly explore it – unfortunately though this would really be a piece of custom development work that we can’t provide a great deal of help with here on the support forums. Two areas I would highlight though if you want to dig into this are:

• Rewrite rules – extra rules added by The Events Calendar in relation to tags can be filtered out via the tribe_events_rewrite_rules hook
    • Queries – you may need to add your callbacks on the parse_query hook to circumvent our own logic (please see TribeEventsQuery::parse_query())

Good luck 🙂

Leah

Hello,

We are excited to report that our upcoming release, The Events Calendar 3.12, includes changes that greatly improve the compatibility between The Events Calendar and WPML. We’ve been working hard on this integration for some time and we want to specifically thank all of our users who requested and waited for this feature. We appreciate all of the support and patience!

Version 3.12 of The Events Calendar will greatly improve compatibility with WPML, but we still have work to do. If you run into any problems integrating the two plugins, please post in our forums so that we can look into the issues. We’ll be on the look out for tweaks and fixes that will improve things further.

Thank you again to everyone who has been waiting for this! The Events Calendar 3.12 is coming soon- watch your WordPress Updates page!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Tags broken if Calendar is enabled’ is closed to new replies.