Templates Inside of Templates

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Templates Inside of Templates

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    carter
    Participant

I recently updated to the “PRO” version of this plug in. But, now I am having issues trying to get it to show up correctly.

The way it appears to me is that the plug in template is placing a full template inside of my page template. I am not really sure as to why it is acting that way? I have tried to manipulate the, “ecp-page-template.php” to exclude the header and footer, but it didn’t seem to make any changes.

Here are the urls where I am trying to get this to work: http://cartertilman.com/rac-admin/events ; and http://cartertilman.com/rac-admin/events/upcoming.

I had started a few post on the wordpress.org forums when I didn’t have the PRO version and here are the links to those postings: http://tinyurl.com/79yrohc ; and http://tinyurl.com/7x26fcn.

If anyone could offer any reason as to why it is acting like this that would be great.

I am currently on the “Thesis 1.8.2” theme, and I am on the WordPress version 3.4.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Carter,

I don’t know if this will make a huge impact but I just tested our plugin in Thesis 1.8.3 and it works fine. There’s no template inside of another template. What sort of customizations do you have in place and have you tried deactivating all other plugins and/or switching to the base Thesis theme to see if it’s something with your particular customizations within your copy of Thesis? I would start there.

Cheers,
    Jonah

carter
    Participant

Jonah,
    I have tired turning all of my plugins off and switching to the “2011” theme. When I turned all of my plugins off I still had issues, but when I switched themes the plugin worked.

I will try updating to the “Thesis 1.8.3” version, later this evening or tomorrow and see if I get better results.

Jonah
    Participant

Sounds good Carter, I await your response.

– Jonah

carter
    Participant

Jonah,
    I just made the upgrade to “Thesis 1.8.5” this was the most recent upgrade I saw when I logged into DIY Themes. When I initially loaded this theme the plugin worked.

However, when I moved my custom files over I was back to the same result, of it rendering a theme with-in a theme. I am not really sure what is causing the plugin to act like this? If you have any idea of what it is or need more information please let me know.

Thanks,
    Carter

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Carter,

It must be something with your custom files and unfortunately I cannot help you with this. I would suggest pulling out code chunk by chunk to find specifically what’s causing the problem. Good luck!

– Jonah

carter
    Participant

Jonah,
    That kinda hurts man.

The reason I bought the upgrade was because of a posting excerpt issue, and the Google Maps link wasn’t working. Now after getting the upgrade I’m even further away then I was before paying for an upgrade.

I really need some more help then to just start chucking code from my custom files. Is there anyway you can at least point me at what file(s) might be causing it to act like this?

Please help,
    Carter

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Carter,

Sorry this hurt but I cannot spend the time digging through your theme’s custom code to try and figure out what the problem could be. This is your responsibility since it’s your custom theme code. It would likely take me the same amount of time as it would you if not more. Have you tried turning debugging on within your wp-config.php file to see if there are any obvious errors pointing to specific line numbers?

– Jonah

carter
    Participant

Jonah,
    I have not done that, thanks for providing another option to try and troubleshoot this. I will be back in touch when I run the debugger and let you know what I find.
    Carter

carter
    Participant

Jonah,
    I ran the debugger and it gave me a bunch of information that I really didn’t understand.
    So, after that I just decided to restart on loading the theme. Then I was able to get the “Calendar and Event List” to show up correctly. After I re-installed the “Thesis 1.8.5” theme I added back in my “Custom Files.” Then after that I had to replace the “Classes” folder in my “Lib” folder in order to get it to work.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Carter,

Glad to hear you got it worked out! Let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers,
    Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Templates Inside of Templates’ is closed to new replies.