text "and 'Everything is Awesome'." crashes submission

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO text "and 'Everything is Awesome'." crashes submission

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant

Hello,

Something strange.

I tried to add the following text in an event and it constantly crashed around the text : and ‘Everything is Awesome’.

Sprawl on the grass and soak up the festival atmosphere, or wander about and enjoy the various stages, music genres, zones and activities at Melbourne’s newest family music and arts festival.

Join comedy duo Luke & Wyatt for Festival Family Saturday as they host an all star line up of entertainment to suit all ages. A very special performance from Woodenspoon, a side project from of legendary Aussie rock band, Grinspoon, will see Phil Jamieson and bandmates perform a set list to include some favourite ‘Grinnners’ tracks as well as popular movie tracks ‘Let it Go’ and ‘Everything is Awesome’. Also on the Saturday, exciting Melbourne sextet, the WooHoo Revue (straight from Glastonbury), Sam Moran, Yo Gabba Gabba, Georgia Fields, Minibikes, Mighty Duke & The Lords, The Rrrrrockets and The Playground Craze.

Both days will feature Ali McGregor’s Jazzamataz show and Cabaret Spectacular! plus G rated comedy and cabaret from Em Rusciano, as well as The Mudcakes and The Mighty buZZniks and Ally Spazzy’s Rumble in the Jungle.

Abi Tucker and Alex Papps (as seen on ABC4Kids’ Play School) will MC and perform songs from their new albums on Preschooler Friday joined by The Kazoos, Bananas in Pyjamas and Nay Nay Let’s Play on Friday. Roving performers and entertainment to include Spot the Dog, Peter Rabbit, The Zucchini Clan.

Readings Storytime Tipi will feature live author readings from Andy Griffiths, Sally Rippin and Melbourne comedians Colin Lane, Cal Wilson, Frank Woodley and Claire Hooper. IKEA Little Play Zone will entertain little rockers up to age 3. Brickfest will have lego fans enthralled in the Variety Live Laugh & Learn Zone, Yamaha Music Corner will be where Melbourne’s next generation of musos hang out, St Ali Junior Silent Disco will get parents caffeinated and kids rocking out, while performances and workshops from Polyglot Children’s Theatre will amaze and delight all ages. Bars, healthy food and parent facilities will make the day smooth, fun and stress free.

Taking that bit out and everything worked fine.

Looked at my logs and they were empty. Safari showed page could not be displayed because the server was busy. Auto Draft seems to crash and the publish button is not active.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is strange.

I tested on my installation and it worked for me for all the text. Are you able to try on another browser and see if that changes anything?

Let me know and we can go from there on troubleshooting it.

Thanks

Glenn
    Participant

OK – It has me stumped.

Tested on 3 computer.
    Windows 7 IE – No problem
    Mac OS 7.5 Safari – No Problem
    Macbook Air with 10.10.1 fails with both Safari and Firefox.

Firefox returns:
    The connection was reset
    The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
    The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I guess it is something local to my MacBook. (I hate computers!!!)

Glenn.

Glenn
    Participant

Also – Another WP site as a post and it was ok on the troublesome MacBook.

And I am able to publish it as a post on the site in question – just not as an event.

Glenn
    Participant

I can no longer reproduce the issue.

I did install a new version of the OS (10.10.2) which also involved a reboot. The problem has gone away. It might have been as simple as a reboot. But I was using the MacBook when publishing to another WP site (on the same server. Save version also) where it worked fine.

I don’t know what it was but it is gone now.

Thanks for your time.

Glenn.

Brian
    Keymaster

That is strange, glad it is fixed though.

Since the issue is resolved I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘text "and 'Everything is Awesome'." crashes submission’ is closed to new replies.