The Events Calendar 2.0.5 events passed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The Events Calendar 2.0.5 events passed

• This topic has 31 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Rob.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy

I am having trouble, I upgraded to 2.0.5 and now my events that are in the future, “This event has passed.”. http://www.phoenixsocialclub.com/et/2nd-annual-gay-pride-sunday-funday-pool-party-and-mixer/
    I tried creating new events and I get the same message. I checked the time under settings and it’s correct.

Ebrahim-Khalil
    Participant

I have exactly the same problem

Jonah
    Participant

Hi guys, are either of you using an overridden version of single.php?

Ebrahim-Khalil
    Participant

As far as I can tell, the single.php file has not been changed.

Chris
    Participant

I have also run into this issue today. Another fellow over in the WP forums is having the same problem (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-the-events-calendar-always-getting-event-has-passed-message?replies=3#post-2713995). Odd that this all has arisen on the same day.

Rob

Hey guys. We’re aware of this issue and are working to fix it now…it’s based on some new code we introduced for 2.0.5. In the interim, if you switch to a city from the time zone dropdown (rather than a UTC offset) it should resolve the issue for your events.

We’ll get this fixed ASAP on our end and announce as much once we’re set.

Jim
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Rob… unfortunately, the suggested fix (using a city timezone) isn’t working for us. We already had a city timezone set (London) so we set it to UTC, saved changes, then back to London, saved changes but the event has passed message is still on our event pages. We’re running a custom theme other than that, a clean install of ECP (WP 3.3.1). I appreciate that everyone’s installations will be different but any thoughts as to why the fix isn’t working? Thanks very much

Rob

Hey Jim: that’s odd…we’re unable to recreate that on our end with the default 2011 install, the latest WP and the 2.0.5 code for both free & PRO. If you want to send an email to pro (a) tri.be with a set of backend credentials we can take a look at why this would be happening.

Since the bug was just introduced/discovered yesterday, we aren’t quite ready with a fix. Should be shortly though.

Jim
    Participant

Rob: Thanks for coming back so promptly… will drop an email once I’m back in civilisation (or the studio, whichever is more accurate). Just to note, this is an issue that occurs with the theme we’re using and with the standard Twenty Eleven theme… must be a Brit problem!

Maikel
    Participant

Hi Rob,

Same problem here. Changing the timezone didn’t help. Im on a 3.3.1 version of WordPress with the free and PRO version 2.0.5 installed. Maybe this helps you.

Rob

Thanks, Jim.

Maikel: what are your time zone settings? We’re looking to hotfix this on the live server today, if we can figure out what’s up, but the more information we have the better. Thanks for your report.

Chris
    Participant

My issue is occurring on the basic (free) version of the plugin. You can see it here: http://www.lightthebridges.org/events/ Just choose an event in the future and the single page has the issue. And here is a screen shot of the settings for the event (don’t see a time zone option, maybe that is just for pro, can’t remember) http://prntscr.com/7gne5

Thanks!

Rob

Hey all. Should be all set with this…we’ve hotfixed the issue and re-uploaded The Events Calendar 2.0.5 to WordPress.org a couple hours ago. Please redownload and reinstall The Events Calendar and you should find the issue resolved. Note that there was no change to the PRO code so you need not make any changes there.

Upon doing so, the issue should be resolved for all time zone settings regardless of whether a city or UTC option was selected from the dropdown. Please make sure to clear your cache and resave permalinks after installing the new code.

If the issue is still a problem from there, let me know your time zone settings and we’ll keep looking into it. We tested a wide variety of combinations and all worked fine. Thanks for being patient and apologies for the inconvenience so far.

Maikel
    Participant

Hi Rob,

My timezone settings are: Amsterdam
    As of this weekend we switched to summertime over here, maybe that’s got something to do with it…

Maikel
    Participant

Hi Rob,
    Just re-installed the plugin. Works perfect now. Great job!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar 2.0.5 events passed’ is closed to new replies.