The Events Calendar and Gravity Form Conflict

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The Events Calendar and Gravity Form Conflict

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Laurence
    Participant

I have updated Word Press to 3.5. and updated The Events Calendar to 2.0.10 and Gravity Forms to 1.6.11. Now the submit button on Gravity form does not work. When I deactivate The Events Calendar the submit button on Gravity Forms works again. There is some sort of conflict between the updated versions of The Events Calendar and Gravity Forms. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Laurence,

Do you have an example where I can take a look at the issue?

Thanks,
    Jonah

simone
    Participant

Oh no Laurence, I am in the same situation, I have to upgrade to 3.5 and you are saying that I’ll have the same problem !!!
    I am frustrated of Gantry and Events Calendar together, have to switch to another platform !??!?!?!

Laurence
    Participant

http://www.rockstaryouth.co.uk/start-up-loan/ is where the form is however as it is a live site I have had to deactivate The Events Calendar so that the form will work.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi guys,

This appears to be an issue with the most recent version of jQuery 1.9 being released a couple days ago. Some themes and/or plugins link to the most recent released version of jQuery automatically. We have code in our plugin that is not compatible with jQuery 1.9 so this is why you are having problems. If you can, downgrade to a previous version of jQuery (something pre 1.9 should work.

We will be working on a fix for this ASAP but the quickest thing to do right now would be to downgrade your jQuery for now. Stay tuned for an update from us on fixing the issue.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Laurence
    Participant

Great, thanks, what is the method to downgrade to a previous version of jQuery.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Laurence,

Unfortunately, it’s probably not too easy. You’ll need to dig around in your theme to find out where jQuery is being called and then modify that code to specify the version. That’s something you probably want to contact your theme author or your developer about.

– Jonah

Rob

Hey Lawrence. Just a heads up that we released an update to Events/PRO today (2.0.11) which should have addressed your issue specifically. Let us know the results and if you’re still having trouble upon updating.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience so far!

Laurence
    Participant

It is fantastic that you have made the update so fast. However, when I activate the upgraded plugin Gravity form is still not sending. When I deactivate the plugin, Gravity form works again.

Laurence
    Participant

I should say that prior to the recent update to WordPress 3.5 and the upgrade to your plugin both Gravity Forms and The Events Calendar were working fine together. It is just this recent update seems to have messed things up.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Laurence,

It looks like you might have some other problems on your website that are not related to our plugin. For instance on this page: http://www.rockstaryouth.co.uk/start-up-loan/ – I see this error that the Gravity Forms CSS is not loading: http://cl.ly/image/340v1e011A3H

I have Gravity Forms working fine on my local install with the latest version of our plugin. Please try and fix all other script or CSS errors first.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar and Gravity Form Conflict’ is closed to new replies.