"This event has passed" fix?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "This event has passed" fix?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

I am using a customized/overridden single.php so maybe that matters, but I noticed a line of code that I understood the purpose of but that seemed to be (in reality) not doing anything:

if (tribe_get_end_date() > time() ) { This event has passed. }

Anyway, I am not really a programmer but just a designer who messes around with PHP until it does what I need. So, I may be off base. But I got the intended result on my site by changing that to:

$end = tribe_get_end_date();
    if ( strtotime($end) < time() ) { This event has passed. }

(Note: I can’t get the code to paste in right with everything intact so I edited it to at least get across the basic idea. How are you supposed to paste in code? Thanks!)

Rob

Hmm; not sure what’s up with this, but I can get our developer Jonah to take a look. If you want to paste the code in using pastie.org or something similar (sorry…the forum will eventually take code but doesn’t yet), I can have him check it out from there to see whether this is a bug in the code or if there’s a logical explanation for it.

Mike
    Participant

Just found this thread after encountering the same issue. This is still a bug in 2.0.3.

Can you please add it to the list for 2.1.

Rob

Thanks Mike. Are you also using a customized single.php, or is this happening out of the box as well?

Mike
    Participant

It’s customised *now*, but the bug is in the out of the box version too.

Rob

Alright, no prob. Thanks for confirming. Let me see if Jonah has any ideas.

Mike
    Participant

No worries – I’ve worked around it by using the solution in the first post, but I would like to see it addressed in 2.1.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi guys,

You’re right, the out of the box code does not work. We will file an issue and get this fixed ASAP. Thanks for the report!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘"This event has passed" fix?’ is closed to new replies.